5 ~ Concealed secrets

Chapter five ~ Concealed secrets

~ Dylan's point of view ~

I was wandering around the neighborhood with our family's dog Dash when I heard a weak breathing sound. My head turned towards the sound and my eyes spotted a weirdly bent figure inhaling heavily. Without my consent, my feet were dragged to that mysterious being. I looked down on my legs to realize that it was Dash who had pushed me in the direction of the spectacle in front of us.

As we were shortening the distance I could easier tell that the creature was a human being with a drawn hood hiding their features. I felt something slipping through my hands and felt that something was missing, Dash had suddenly rushed so that his leash was pulled out of my hands.

I felt the motions of my running legs slow down as Dash's force didn't push me forward anymore. I watched patiently how he sprinted into the stranger's lap and started licking the persons face, wagging his tail in excitement.

I got a glance of the person's face and apparently the person was a young girl about my age. She was hooked down and her expression screamed pain. I rapidly comprehended the importance of the situation and rushed to her and held her straight up with my hands under her armpits. I locked my eyes with her ocean blue ones.

"What is wrong, why are you so out of breath, do you need help with anything?" I asked hastily while changing my hold to make her lean on my shoulder.

"As... Hh... Asthma..." She rustled with struggle.

I put my free hand behind her knees and lifted her up and began to run towards our house, since we were very close. I turned right feeling relived as the route shortened home but sighed when I felt something cold on my face. The drop which had first arrived got soon enough followed up by thousands of them, drenching us wet.

The remaining distance of a hundred meters seemed like thousands as my clothes weighed me down, making it tougher to advance forward. Even though it was close to impossible to move I put all my strength in my legs and forced them to.

When I finally was in the entrance of our house I harshly pressed the passcode and put the girl, whose name was unidentified, on the closest couch. I went without any further delay to the kitchen and brought the set of items that my sister used when she had an Asthma attack.

She sat up as fast as she saw what I had brought, I reached it towards her and she grabbed it looking through the contents until she had what she wanted. I left to the bathroom and gripped two towels and returned to offer one to her. She took it but instead of feeling gratitude her eyebrows were twisted and her eyes shone with anger. I observed my surroundings to see if there was anything with the furnishing angered her, but everything seemed inoffensive.

"You can go now, I don't know how you know the passcode to my house but be aware that it is going to get changed!" She stated with a firm voice, looking determinedly into my shocked eyes. "Oh, and I guess I should thank you for the service. I will send a money reward to your account, just leave its number on the shoe stand." She continued with a confident voice.

She stood up and was headed upstairs but I clutched her arm and directed her back to sit down for an explanation. However, the confusion in her eyes were enough for me to verify that she had understood that she was in my house. I didn't say anything until she did.

"Wait, so you live in the same neighborhood as me? How come I have never seen you? Which section and number does your home lay in?" She questioned.

"I guess. I don't know, the same goes for you. Section Admire number 3." I was amused by her interrogation and her misperception so I didn't tell her more to make her ask for it.

"Okay, that explains why I thought it was my house, I live in the same section number 2. But that doesn't answer why I haven't seen you before." She was so focused on thinking and talking at the same time that her eyebrows were lifting and lowering constantly which made her eyes widen making her beautiful face become adorable like a kid's. "What is your name by the way? Mine is Ishraq"

"My name is Dylan. So, can you tell me why you were stranded on the ground catching your breath? Depending on the nearness between our houses you couldn't have run too far before having your Asthma attack." I said assuming that she was on her way somewhere from home, as she didn't even have a jacket on in the cold weather.

She flinched and spaced out in remembrance. "Right! I was about to return something forgotten to a visitor. I guess he is way too far away now..." I listened while watching her insert her hand into her jeans' pocket and draw them out again, with her hand closed. I looked curiously at her concealed hand until she opened it, the object that she had taken out was a small circle with the initials A.K. on. I felt my body's automatic reaction to that object, my whole soul started shaking as a headache arose to take over all my thoughts and actions. It was Katy's ring, the one that she said that she would give to her future husband. The last thing I could think of before losing consciousness was that it was possible for me to finally find her...

~•~•~