The Romance-Off

Forgot to add an intro so here it is!! These new ships are my nemesis but also kinda digging the Phinema while it lasted haha!! We've experience a LOT of stuff through this book, but still no fights... maybe in this one? We're takin' care of things in this chapter though! hehe hope you enjoy!

The text message that popped up on Emma's phone surprised her over anything else. It was from Phineas. Well, Phineas' number. 

P - "Ya know, Em, we've known each other for just a few days but I can't help but think you're the one for me. ;)"

She was taken aback at first, but then realized it was probably his lovestruck side kicking in. She sighed and threw her phone down on the bed, laying back and sprawling her arms and legs to the sides, closing her eyes and breathing. 'When's this living nightmare going to end?' she thought, pulling her knees into her chest and rolling onto her side. 

She remembered the look in his eyes when he kissed her as his real self, and she couldn't help but find it endearing, but then remembered not only Ferb, but her friendship with Isabella. She knew what she had to do, and she knew who she was shooting for. 

With this conclusion, she finally found enough peace to fall asleep on the covers. 

___________________________

At the Flynn-Fletcher house, things weren't going by so smoothly. Phineas was in his 'pink' stage, and Ferb was trying very hard not to beat him up. 

"You think Emma likes you of all people? She's way out of your league, bro! Give up, she's mine!" Phineas growled. 

Ferb inhaled deeply, trying to contain himself, but then Phineas pushed him over the edge. 

"Her lipgloss tastes like strawberries, too... can't get enough of it." he smirked, and Ferb's face turned as red as a fire engine. 

"OH, THAT'S IT, JERK!" he yelled, running into Phineas and pushing him against the wall. "Talk about her in that way one more time and you're not gonna live to see another kiss." he hissed. 

Phineas snapped out of it. "Ferb? What are you doing?!" he asked, his eyes widening in fear. 

Ferb backed away. "Your... lovestruck self... was being idiotic." he cleared his throat. 

Phineas saw the sadness in his brother's eyes. "About what?"

"Em-" he started, but then remembered he had to play along. "Isabella." 

"He was talking about Isabella? That's weird, usually he only talks about Emma..."

Ferb felt himself shaking. "No big deal. I'm tired." he mumbled and changed into his pajamas, then hopped into bed and looked at the wall so he didn't have to think about his brother kissing his future girlfriend. 

___________________________

The next morning, Emma woke up to her phone buzzing over and over and over again. 

"Who the crap is up at 5:30am?" she wondered, yawning and picking it up. 

F - we need to talk

F - come over please

F - sorry if this wakes you up lol

She freaked out and jumped out of bed a little too fast, feeling the blood rush to her head and she felt dizzy and fell backwards on her bed. She giggled and sat up for a minute before rushing to her dresser and slipping on her classic teal, baby blue, and white striped sundress and bow before rushing out the back door and through the gate. 

Ferb was waiting for her. 

"Come on, Phineas is at the store getting parts, I need to talk to you this second." Ferb said, dragging Emma by the arm to under the tree.