New Neighbor

Hiya, guys!! I'm back (she's back) and I'll tell you why, there's still some things to discuss! Except, I'm not trying to bust Phineas and Ferb... that's Candace's job. Actually, I'm here to welcome you to my newest story! This story is going to give you a better glimpse at the Fireside Girls, who have not played a huge role in my other stories. Get ready to meet Ginger, Gretchen, Adyson, Katie, Holly, and Milly in more depth! Anyways, I'm talking too much, so let's get right into our story!

It was a hot, sunny July morning, and Phineas and Ferb were still debating what they were going to do today.

"Man, Ferb, it's hot out today... 105 degrees and it's only 8am! It's hot enough we could fry eggs on the pavemen-" Phineas paused and a big smile crossed his face as an idea popped into that triangular head of his. He slowly glanced up at his brother, who was looking at him weirdly.

"Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today! We could get everyone around the block to have an egg-cooking competition on the pavement down the street, and film it like a cooking show, and then get it streamed on TV! What do you think?" Phineas asked, proud of his idea.

Ferb shrugged and raised his eyebrows in approvement.

"Great! Hmm, wonder where everyone is? Oh, it's 8:14... Isabella should be here in 3...2... 1..." Phineas stopped and looked at the gate when a familiar voice piped up from the back gate.

"Hi, Phineas! Whatcha doin'?" she asked cheerfully.

"Oh, hi, Isabella. We're gonna have a pavement egg-cooking competition!" he laughed, standing up to face her.

"An egg-cooking competition? That's a little minor compared to your other inventions, don't you think?" she inquired, tilting her head.

Phineas grumbled. "You're right... my brain is fried, almost like those eggs would be." he said, falling down on the grass and laying on his back, looking up at the sky.

Isabella giggled and laid down next to him as close as she could without actually touching him. Their fingers were inches apart, and if she just moved her pinky a bit to the left... 'No, Isabella, what are you thinking?' she thought, and shook the idea out of her head.

"So, Isabella, what are you doing today?" Phineas asked for the first time, causing Isabella's brain to implode. She was always the one to ask that, and had never received that from him before.

"Uh..." she stammered, "I have a Fireside Girls meeting this afternoon, but other than that, just hanging out with you guys."

Phineas turned his head to face her. "Well, that sounds fun! Tell the girls I said hi!" he smiled.

"I- I will... Phineas, are you okay?" she asked, genuinely concerned at his abnormal behavior.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm okay, what do you mea- wait, where's Ferb?" Phineas noticed that Ferb was gone, and his head shot up to find the backyard... empty.

Isabella got up after him. "That's weird! C'mon, let's go find him!" she said, standing up and offering him her hand. He took it and boosted himself up with his other arm on the ground, and the two walked towards the back gate to find the missing Ferb.

Phineas pushed open the gate to find Ferb, Buford, and Baljeet staring at the house next door in shock.

"What's going on, guys?" Phineas asked.

"That old lady that watched us all the time that went to jail moved out I guess, and now there's a new family moving in." Buford whispered to Phineas.

"Why are we whispering?" Isabella loudly whispered to the other boys, who turned in her direction.

"Because... look..." Baljeet pointed briefly to the car, and they watched the family get out one by one.