Despondency Chapter 2

I couldn't tell how long I was out, it felt like it has been a month since that event had happened, yet I wasn't sure if I was in some sort of coma, all of the pain I went through from the fight with Jake, I can somehow still feel the pain from my right shoulder and my arm, somehow it was the one thing that was waking me up from a so called dream within a dream. I was finally waking up from the drowsiness, the beeping sounds from the Electrocardiogram, my soft breathing from the ventilating mask, a bandage around my right eye, a bandage around my neck, all of the hospital equipment and the light blue gown I'm wearing, besides of not wearing anything except for a pale gray cast around my right arm, shoulder and chest, a small amount of the extra cast connects to both arm and chest.

"Oh god, Nick! You're awake!" Caitlin exclaimed quietly as she held onto my left hand gently, she was smiling and glad that I was able to see her again.

"Caitlin..." I spoke softly, using my good left hand I caressed her cheek softly, making sure if she's alright, hoping that nothing happened to her when I was in the hospital.

"You've been in the hospital for a week, most of the doctors thought you got into a coma but you were heavily resting, you received a concussion, no broken nose just badly wounded and bleeding, a little bruise around your neck, nothing happened to your eye except for a cut and a few cracks on the back of your rib cage... that monster is still in a police cell and will be on trail in two days" Caitlin explained everything that happened to be, but when she said 'monster' I knew she was talking about Jake... although...a trial in two days? I don't know about that, I didn't even know if we got enough money to pay someone to be my lawyer.

"Your lawyer is going to be Stephen Lewis, he volunteered to help you and to testify against Jake Holloway" Caitlin added extra information. I wasn't surprised when she mentioned Stephen Lewis being my lawyer but at least he's willing to help me.

Although with a lot of things to process, I still needed to know how long I was out and when I'm getting out of this hospital.

"How long was I out and when am I getting out of here?" I asked, needing to know more, at least I have to get ready for the trail at court against this narcissist.

"...You've been out for three weeks..." Caitlin mentioned as she tried to collect herself calmly, although she looked like she was trying to not cry. That, now that started to make me feel slightly infuriated. I tried to lean up but I was pulled back from the tubes in my arms and the mask over my mouth and nose.

"Hey, relax" Caitlin said as she tried to keep herself calm but I knew her too well, she was hiding her feelings and I can tell that she was shaking slightly.

"Caitlin... come on, I know you too well, you really think I want to make anyone bleed if anyone touches you?" I said, it's not that I'm concerned, I'm protective of my sister and if Ruben hurt her... I wouldn't care if it was me at all, but with no avail to do so, it'll take me a long time to heal up.

"Hey Nick, glad you're awake, your medical treatments has arrived and thankfully Stephen Lewis is paying for it, not sure how it's possible for him, but he seems to be quite an impressive man," said Meagan Isabelle Simpson she has the same hair color, eye color, height and personality like her twin sister, Cora, the only way to tell the difference isn't surprising, Meagan likes her hair long and curly while Cora likes her long straight hair in a ponytail.

"Here" Caitlin said as she handed me a cup of water for me to take my pills, even if it's going to be a bit hard for me with my left arm, I'm going to get used to doing things with my left arm anyways.

I took the glass of water from Caitlin and took the pills that Meagan gave me. As soon as I did, I couldn't tell if I should tell Caitlin... but after being told that I was out for three weeks, I'm sure that she already knew.