Crestfallen Chapter 8

Thankfully Monday was over and it is Tuesday the first of February, four more days before the Basketball game and I only had a few days to think about how to approach Jasmine, knowing how much I get nervous around her... I just need to be myself right?

Hell... what am I thinking? I'm sure that Jasmine wouldn't like my goth style and has already been asked out by someone else.

Sometimes I think that some things are never meant to be...unless trying to give it a chance to know that some things are meant to be or not.

I opened my eyes to a dark bedroom being cast in full darkness but from my window, it is mysterious enough that the lights from outside are not even shining through. Odd. It's like it is still nighttime and time itself seems to be frozen. I looked at my clock on my nightstand and the clock only reads three am flashing on and off in a red bold font. Weird.

I blinked a few times as I looked up to the ceiling of a plain boring old white color. I kind of hope I can paint my own room someday, just so it doesn't seem so boring and plain.

Now that I am somehow awakened at three am, I grew thirsty for water and also hoping that it can cool my systems to fall back asleep. I sat up on my bed, surprisingly the next moment as I pushed away my sheets, I can tell that my room has gotten colder than the last time...this time it feels like it is actual ice. Frozen solid tight like feeling. Now that I got up from my bed to make sure where this freezing air is coming from, I then try to figure out which direction the air is blowing and it leads to my small white vent on the opposite side of my room from where my bed is and near my door. I put my hand over it to make sure if the air is literally coming from there. All I felt was a warm blast of air but nothing icy cold. Very weird.

"Tsk," I snickered since I was hoping it wouldn't be much of a problem, but I definitely need to check the heater or the ventilation itself.

But that wasn't all from the vent, I could faintly hear some kind of tiny high pitch noises coming from the vent which made me raise an eyebrow in confusion. I'm just hoping it is a rat or a mouse, I thought to myself. Although the noises seem to be growing louder since I am not even moving an inch closer, I was still and paying attention to my hearings. I cocked my head to the right in confusion and wondering what could really be in there?

The noises sound a lot like something smaller than a rat or a mouse, like it was chittering and it also sounds like there is more than one. Great...might need to call animal control, I thought to myself again. The chittering grew louder and it seems to have multiplied into unison along with tiny clattering noises as if trying to get out of the vent. Something long tried to free itself from the vent and it looked like an black colored insect leg on one of the corners from the faint white vent that I noticed.

I backed away a few inches until the chittering noises became louder, it was thudding against the vent and a few other black insect legs were trying to come through at once. Whatever it was, this is no rat or mouse.

The thudding continued a few times against the vent as I continued to walk backwards a few more steps. Until I felt something splat against my bare right foot and the thudding stopped for a moment. My heart was pounding and my breathing quickened...

Honestly...this isn't me being afraid nor even terrified but I never felt something bone chilling like this at all. This was something else that I can't even explain.

I tipped onto my balance with my left foot and swung my right foot up so I could see what spat on my foot. It was an insect of course but it was actually the shape of a smashed spider.

The vent gave way from the loudest thud and what came out was more than thousands or millions of tiny black spiders, those things burst through and started to cover my whole bedroom floor with their silky black bodies tumbling over one another coming right towards me. I fell to the floor before those spiders came into contact with my feet, I quickly sprung myself up and jumped onto my bed the same way I was ready for sleep. The amount of chittering started to come from everywhere, everywhere on the floor but from where the vent was...there is more pouring into my room.