Caitlin Chapter 12

I opened my eyes then I gasped for air, unaware of what just happened, I leaned up with my eyes widened, it was crazy for me to realize that nightmare may or may not be real. It wasn't hard for me to think about the details in that dream, whatever that weird...humanoid spider is...I couldn't tell for sure if it was just my dream.

I specifically remembered seeing Nick in there, he was trying to reach towards me but it seems like that weird monster had a well thought out plan. Even though I wasn't sure how I got there being in that monster's large grasp on me, the only thing that I remembered was seeing Nick on the staircase trying to help him up from being dragged by something strong, I even remembered how much it even felt, it felt like two hundred ninety pounds of strength minus the human body weight.

Now that I was catching my breath, I couldn't help but to wonder or even think that there was something going on. The amount of times that Nick has been attacked and oddly beaten up, the nauseating feeling in my stomach tells me that I have to get to Nick as soon as possible.

So I tossed my bed sheets aside, got up and ran towards his door so before I did, I had to calmly pat on his door to alert him and open the doorknob but when I lay my left hand on the doorknob it was somehow locked on the inside.

"What?" I whispered curiously, trying to make sense of why his bedroom door knob was locked late at night. Since I couldn't figure out how to open Nick's door I had to think of something else other than pounding on it and waking up mom and dad. In a way I couldn't leave Nick alone, I wouldn't live with myself if I left him alone, he is the only one I can trust other than Susan and Reuben. I turned my body to my right side, tilted my shoulder against the door, it may as well be painful but I couldn't stand back anymore.

"You can do this..." I whispered to myself, closed my eyes and tensed my body to prepare for a sense of pain that I may not like. I slammed myself against the door with my right shoulder, it almost felt like my shoulder wasn't strong enough to budge the door open, it just felt weak, it wasn't going to work so I tried again and mustered enough strength to give it time to show any cracks. Nothing. I stopped as I laid my hands on the door, although my hands felt like it was being under cold water in a sink or in a frozen river to feel the rough rocks under the waters. I am starting to become confused. I patted my hands on the smooth door and caressed it to make sure it wasn't the only spot, it feels like the coldness is everywhere on the door and somehow I felt the hairs on my arms raise up.

I have a very strong sensation that there is something wrong happening, it feels like a large brick on my chest and makes me unable to breath clearly.

"Nick!" I whispered but not too loud to alarm Reuben and Susan. I waited for a few minutes and heard nothing back. In a strange way I had an urge to look through the keyhole, I got down on my knees and peered my left eye through to look around to see Nick. Nothing, it was completely utterly dark in there as nothing to be seen as if it was just an empty room.

"Nick!" I whispered again hoping to hear something from the other side of the door, something clearly wrong and I knew if I left right now...I'll just be right back here.

Nick's door started to move, something banged against it which forced me to sprawl on my back and bonked the back of my head to the floor, the door banged two more times but increasingly got louder and then a deep dark growl quietly purred very oddly. I gasped when I was on the ground, hearing all of that in Nick's room makes my heart race in fear and so I couldn't leave around this time when I am highly concerned for my brother.

Seeing a brother or a sibling being spiraled out of control lately and unable to get well, I couldn't tell if I should really be crawling to Nick's door frame with my back against it. I wouldn't care about sleeping right here and doing nothing, or that I should keep on trying to open the door and get swallowed again in a pitch black mouth or a room of darkness. I grabbed my hair, not enough to pull out the roots since I couldn't do shit at any moment. I started to think more clearly to find a plan without getting back into the clutches of that weird beast. I may be weak but is it best to fight back? I feel like I have no other choice.