10. The One Where They Get Nothing

What's up, you guys? How are you all doing?

Hmm... I don't have much to talk about. Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans out there! Also, we're nearing Damien's birthday, and I made a Tiktok for it that I'll be posting on my Instagram. Go check it out on my profile if you haven't!

Anyway, let's start, yeah? Shayne's POV and see ya!

-/-/-

Matty and Jamie are (finally) tying the knot! Celebrate this wondrous event with us on August 7th, 2021, at six in the evening.

Venue: Rose Chapel, Sacramento, CA
Attire: Pastel pink

We hope to have you with us there!

Purpose for booking: Hi there! It's Matty messaging. Tommy told me all about you guys, and I absolutely wanted to book you guys in our wedding. My fiancé, Jamie, is a bit critical of things, and he wants things to be absolutely perfect. Since you two have a great background of events now, I think it would be nice to have you here. James already agreed to this, so I hope we really get to meet you guys. Sorry if Sacramento's a bit of a drive, but see you! Yours, Matthew Lennon

-/-/-

Here's a tough pill to swallow when you're running a business with a partner: one of you puts the little fires out, and the other one causes most of them.

"So we have three bookings this week, same time throughout Friday until Sunday evenings," Courtney explains as soon as I enter her apartment for our crew meeting. "Today's meeting is just our usual finalization stuff as well as addressing finances and audience reach."

"You sounded like a brilliant CEO there," Tommy remarks, chuckling. "I can see it though: Courtney Miller, CEO, Co-Mill Industries."

"No, no. Co-Mill Meal Co.," Spencer adds, earning a low-five from Tomey Bones. "You run a meal company."

"Wait, three bookings this weekend?" I ask, sitting down next to her on her couch. "My niece's 7th birthday is this week, and I can't miss that because I have to do the hosting for my brother. I promised him and my niece that I'd go home this weekend too."

"Oh, no way?" she replies, frowning. "Well... well, I guess we have to cancel these bookings."

"Actually," Tommy says, "since Damien already knows about CFH, he actually offered to sub for Shayne if he's busy. This might be a good time for us to test it out?"

"Yeah, so we could also try out that expansion thing Courtney was talking about," Spencer tells us.

"What expansion thing?" I ask Courtney again. "And I don't really wanna bother Dames. He always has his hands full with streams and auditions."

She answers carefully yet nervously, "Uh, he was the one who said that he was free this weekend, actually. And the whole expansion thing is just a train of thought. We might not have enough finances to deal with it yet, so that's why I planned on discussing that today. But of course, the final decision is something we should agree on, so it's still on the line. If you don't want Damien to sub though, because you might think it ruins the deal, I can just cancel the bookings."

I hated the fact that I kept making small fires out of nowhere. Courtney worked hard a lot for this, and in fact, I could say that more than half of this business' success was caused by her. I felt guilty too that I seem to be the cause of all sorts of inconvenience around here, but it was true. Everyone else had loose schedules, and I was always the one ruining things for them.

"Are they big-time stuff?" I ask her, crossing my arms, and she nods. "Don't cancel it. You can go with Damien if he says he's really free. I mean, he might get overwhelmed by how much we do in a weekend for events, but he's adaptable to stuff."