2. The One Where They Prepare

Hello there! How are you doing today?

If you're enjoying this so far, I wonder if you've read my other books. Out of the three Shourtney books I've done before this one, the one I definitely enjoyed writing was the first one, Here's To Us. One that was unique and I'd love to do again was Girl Stellar. And the one I think I could have done better but I know is heartfelt is When The Clock Ticks. But I can say that I definitely enjoy writing about Shourtney. For future plans, I already have one in mind along with another fanfiction (which I cannot reveal to you just yet). I hope you guys stay tuned to that.

Anyway, Shayne's POV in here and see ya!

-/-/-

Three words: pulled pork sandwiches. I'm tired of them, because that's what we've been eating since this morning. Well, it's still eleven in the morning, so it's unsurprising that it's the only thing I've eaten. It's even more unsurprising because we're at a sandwich diner with a pulled pork speciality.

"Uh-oh, we lost him to the pulled pork," Tommy says, waving his hand in front of my eyes. "Shayne... Shayne?"

"Sorry," I mumble, blinking rapidly. "I've been having this really bad headache since this morning, and if you tell me, pulled pork sandwiches are not the cure."

"Well, you should pop in a med or two," he replies, handing me a capsule. "We have a lot of work to do. Courtney sent me everything we need to do before she arrives, and out of 15 items on her list, we've finished... one."

"That is?"

"Ordering her something to eat," Spencer answers as he puts a sandwich across my table.

"She's running late apparently," Tommy adds. "So let's get started."

I take Tommy's painkiller thankfully and sigh. Unlike Courtney, I wasn't really too excited with working on this whole business thing. Sure, I prompted the idea back to her, but it wasn't something I was looking forward to. I liked acting when there was a camera and someone could edit my mistakes out. It's one of the reasons why I never quite entered musical theatre, aside from the fact that I don't really sing that much. But the point is, this was not my forte.

I only kept thinking about how unlucky I was to end up having to do this for a bit more cash. Yeah, sure, I got money already thanks to the Smosh and Goldbergs jobs. But then, I have student loans, a mortgage for my car, constant rent, groceries, and myself. There were too many factors to handle, and I'll admit that my brothers may have worked through life easier because they stayed in Colorado and their wives are pretty awesome women too.

I loved my jobs and I loved the fact that I pursued acting, but as a new film flashes over the diner's new TV, I could only sigh and wonder when I'll be the one gracing those screens. I did when I was a child and even got an award for it, but after almost two decades, I'm just here watching everyone else. Always the audience, never the star.

And I would have gotten through things easier if I were famous. I wouldn't have to worry about having a family.

"So what I thought for our branding would be kind of generic," Tommy begins. "We don't want to be too appealing now, but at the same time, we want to catch attention, right? So I thought of 'Couple for Hire,' which is subtle but intriguing."

"And easy to make a website out of," Spencer adds, opening his laptop to start working. "We'll need to do some shoots and all that to prove we aren't a scam too."

"That's an easy task," Tommy remarks, high-fiving Spencer. "It would be much easier if we asked help from those of Smosh, but it is kinda weird to explain to them that we're doing this."