9. The One Where They Host a Party

Hey, you guys! What's up?

First off, we're #15 on the Smosh tag, so thank you for that! Here's To Us just reached its all-time high as well at #11, so that's cool too.

Hmmm... I don't really have much to say, surprisingly. We should get down to it, shouldn't we? Courtney's POV and see ya!

-/-/-

Teddie and Darcie are getting married! Witness our knot-tying on July 25th, 2021, at five in the afternoon.

Venue: Sol and Luna Hotel and Resort, Long Beach, CA
Attire: White tropical attires will do! Semi-formal, please.

Purpose for booking: Hello! It's Teddie here. A bit unusual of the groom to do all the prep, but I just want my fiancée to have the best party ever. You certainly are making names for yourselves too, as I heard from events organizers. Anyway, I hope we can meet up soon and you guys can come around. I'd really appreciate it, and so would Darcie. You guys stay safe! Sincerely, Teddie Hansen

-/-/-

"Aww, look at you!" I exclaim, crossing my arms as Shayne does a twirl in his attire. He's wearing a tropical button down, but it's tucked into his white pants which match his white coat. "You look like..."

"I look like a game show host."

"You are a game show host? You host the trivia show?"

"Right," he mumbles, looking at himself in the mirror. "I look hot, that's what you mean."

"Oh, I'm hotter, baybee," I retort, standing next to him and flaunting my white floral dress. "Look at this off-shoulder thing going on. I'm so glad I took Kimmy out on a shopping date. I better take Jackie with us next time too!"

"Kimmy chose that for you?" Shayne asks, looking at me. "That looks pretty nice, not gonna lie. Our problem tonight might be food stains."

"You bet," I reply, sighing. "But aren't you used to looking and acting formal every weekend? I kind of am, and it's such a lifestyle honestly."

"I am, but it's still..."

"So weird?"

"Yep. Can't believe it's pushing through though."

"Don't jinx it, dude."

This wedding was a good one, because everyone genuinely enjoys beach weddings on a summer night. Even though it was a Sunday and we had work tomorrow, Shayne and I had already gotten used to the whole balancing our schedules thing. It was something difficult to master when you're working two jobs, and Shayne's working three, so props to him.

Well, actually, more than props. I was genuinely proud of him, because this wasn't something that any random human could do. Shayne balances three jobs, and last week, he even went to the bank to do some investment stuff. He goes out to meet his friends even though sometimes he came from an event. Last week, he and Damien met with Allisyn and Matthew Scott, and he had just come from a baptismal event with me, so imagine the whirlwind of that!

My problem with this succeeding business though was that everything seemed to be going too well. Sure, we had to solve a bunch of party problems every single time, but I was worried that the hill we were climbing was too steep, and this could be our own downfall to worse places. I didn't want our team to crumble so easily because we overdid this whole thing. I decided to work better instead of harder though, helping Tommy out with our general business matters and attending meetings with Spencer who made sure everything was of the highest quality.