3. The One Where They Become Special Guests

Hi there! How's this week going for you?

This has been a crazy week for me. A huge typhoon struck our province, and it was crazy madness. I really wanted to help out in relief ops, which I've done several times in other calamities now, but because of the pandemic, it's a no-go. Too bad.

Anyway, thank you so much for 300+ reads! I'm glad you guys are enjoying this book so far. I'm halfway through the seventh chapter as I'm writing this, and I'll be continuing after publishing this. It's been a lot of fun writing this too.

Let's start, shall we? Courtney's POV and see ya!

-/-/-

I love getting dressed, so I sort of took this business as an opportunity to buy dresses I could wear for events. Admittedly, it wasn't the best choice financially, but if you're going to run a business that relies on your acting, you better get stylish while you're at it.

"I don't like wearing blue," Shayne remarks, frowning as he fixes his tie. "It's not a color I wear a lot because it's so hard to match."

"It looks okay on you," I assure him, handing him a comb. "But if there is some sort of blue aesthetic wall there, don't lean against it."

"I could if I wanted to..."

"Don't say it."

"... blend in."

"God, I hate you."

We had met Jace and Emma a week ago and asked them about their preferences for our performance. There weren't specifics, but they did want everyone to have a good time. We wondered why they had invited some A-list people such as company CEOs and even some celebrities. Turns out, Jace was about to inherit a company in the near future, and his father wanted him to befriend said CEOs. Best way to do it was to get them to his wedding, which Emma truly hated but did it anyway. They were the ones who were going to get rich anyway.

"Yeah, so any people we should watch out for?" I asked them as we listed down everything during the meeting.

"Oh, babe, tell them about Eunice and Tyler," Emma told Jace. "Um, I mean... we have these two best friends, Eunice and Tyler. They're actually going to be the maid of honor and the best man, and uh..."

"Nothing's bad about them," Jace clarified. "But my parents don't like them. Her parents don't either. We don't really know why, but we'd like you to keep an eye out for them. We don't know what could happen."

Of course, we didn't really keep much of that, because it didn't seem like such a big deal. Shayne and I take a mirror shot from my floor-length mirror, and we send it to Tommy for documentation.

From: Tommy Bones
Adorable!

From: Court Knees
Thanks! We are.

From: Tommy Bones
Might catch some feelings, Court.

From: Court Knees
Sure.

"Alright, let's go," Shayne says, and we exit my apartment, locking the door behind me. We get into his car, and off we went to the wedding.

Admittedly, I was a bit nervous. We still didn't have any idea how it was all going to turn out, because obviously, this was our first time doing this! The entire idea was still kinda absurd to me, and I don't know how my brain managed to fuel that stuff into actual words when I was drunk. Sure, I liked attending parties that had anything free as well as the loving company of friends and family. But wow, the means we had to go through just to get a bit of cash.

"You look nervous," Shayne says aloud while driving.

"Yeah?"

"Your hands are literally shaking as you type on your phone," he replies, chuckling. "Just take deep breaths, we're almost there."