5. The One Where They Look for the Groom

Hey, guys! What's up?

Happy five hundo reads! Thanks a bunch, you guys. 15 chapters to go, yeah?

Anyway, I'll be a bit busy again next week, so it's officially over of rest week for me. So sad, but hey, updates will keep going! Yahoo!

Let's get started, shall we? Courtney's POV and see ya!

-/-/-

Grayson and Josie
are tying the knot
on May 7th, 2021,
6:00 in the evening onwards,
and you're invited!

Attire: Formal
Colors: Green
Venue: Dawn Chapel, Burbank, CA

Purpose for booking: Hi there! This is Josie writing. I'd love to have you at our wedding, and it's for a bit of a weird reason. My fiancé gets nervous easily, and he's really doubting that we have enough guests for the party. He's a bit of a worrywart, and so I thought you two could come up and join to assure him constantly that the party's going well. I met Courtney by the cotton candy machine in baby Markie Davis's birthday party, and she told me about your work. Anyway, looking forward to meeting you guys soon! -Josie

-/-/-

Admittedly, everything was going pretty well so far. We had received more than ten requests in the past few weeks, and even though it was a bit hectic planning out schedules, we always managed to push through with everything. It's been a couple of months since we started, and weirdly enough... we're doing fine. That's obviously something you wouldn't expect from someone who started a business. Everyone would be happy if their small businesses were doing great in the first two months. We were insanely weirded out by the number of people who actually had plans to hire guests to their events.

But hey, it adds us a new platter of chicken wings to the table, so who are we to argue against that? And some of them have the sweetest reasons why they booked us, such as impressing their old grandparents, holding parties for kids in the orphanage... it was all great. Not a single problem.

"Of all colors, they really had to choose green, huh?" Shayne mumbles as he and I awkwardly stand by the Mythical Kitchen. "I mean, I don't even know if I have a green suit. Maybe Damien has one."

"Oh, you don't have to wear a green suit," I tell him, stirring my cup of coffee idly, waiting for everyone to leave so that we could get dressed. "Maybe you have a green tie?"

"I'll check if there's anything I can borrow from the set," he replies, crossing his arms. "This is the one event that we actually have that isn't on a weekend, so prepping is tough."

"Oh, it's probably just going to be one time."

Eventually, everyone goes home early, because it's a Friday, and by 4:30 in the afternoon, the only people left at the Smosh office were me, Tommy, Spencer, and Shayne. Tommy and Spencer were distracting cameras by idly roaming around the area, so that Shayne and I couldn't be seen walking around, all suited and dressed up for the evening. We wanted to go back to my apartment in order to get ready, but we would be late to the event if we did. We manage to pull it off somehow, doing finishing touches inside Shayne's car as he drives off to the venue, which was just five blocks away from Mythical.

"What would we do without Tommy and Spencer, huh?" Shayne says as we get out of the car and enter the chapel.

"True," I reply as we get seated with the other guests in a pew. "Honestly, we wouldn't even be here without those two."

There's this new thing that Shayne and I do whenever we attend a party. Not being critical of anyone or their budget, we take note of the motif, decor, and the other arrangements. I even started to worry when I noticed that some of our events had similar events managers. "Flowers?" I ask.