Completing the Mission

I lied to her. I can't believe I did...but I had to. I don't expect to come back, but I have to try. You see, humans are more reasonable than robots. The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking it'll be the last day it has. But right now, it's a luxury, not a curse. To know I'm close to the end is a kind of freedom. It's a good time to take...one last shot. Probably outpowered, probably outnumbered, most likely out of my mind on a suicide mission. But the steel and water here rusted with thousands of years of evolution...it will remember me, for this. Because, out of all my vast arrays of nightmares, this is the one I chose for myself. I go forward while lacking the fear of humanity. With vigor in my core and one goal in sight...I will kill them.

...

    I was diving deeper into the water. Only 3 kilometers from The Breach. I detected some seismic disturbances coming from behind me in a consistent rhythm. Is someone following me? I turned and saw Striker's silhouette in the dark waters.

-"Striker?" I asked.

-"Gipsy! There you are!" Striker said, getting closer.

-"What are you doing out here?"

-"Look, I know Lady Noire told me not to, but..." Striker stayed silent.

-"What, what is it?"

-"I...I'm coming with you!"

     This was unexpected, Striker normally followed his creator's every order and held insane respect for her. But now he's going against it?

-"Look, Lady Noire can't see it, but I know we can stop them! I know we can do it!" Striker said.

-"Striker, I should warn you, I don't think I'm going to be returning after this mission. Are you sure you want to come?" I asked.

     Striker gave a nervous laugh.

-"Neither do I." Striker turned around. "This will do it, right?"

 "This will do it, right?"

-"Wha-, Striker, how did..." I was confused, to say the least.

-"Um, yeah...I kinda stole it."

-"You stole it? How?" 

-"I had to break a few rules and walls but I didn't hurt anyone so it's fine. But I'm sure I'll be a war criminal when I get back."

     I don't like the fact that he defected. But then again, what am I doing, right? At least no one was hurt. If I can, I'll take the blame for Striker.

-"So again, this will do, right?" Striker asked.

-"What yield?" I asked.

-"1.2 Megatons." 

-"Good enough, it's all we got so let's go."

-"Right behind you. For Cherno."

     He took point and we could eventually see the glow of the rift. The Breach, it's huge! It's way bigger than the rumors.