Conflicting Authorities (1 week later)

It's been one wild experience. I've basically been accepted as the newest member of the family by the Hunters. But, there's one thing that's been stuck on my mind for a while. The humans...they treat us like tools. Tools that they can use at their leisure and toss aside whenever we're not useful. This doesn't bother me too much; we are machines. But since the other Hunters act and think more like humans do, it doesn't feel right. If an outside observer didn't know what was going on, they'd see this as borderline slavery. I'm not an expert on moral dilemmas, but surely the others would want freedom, right? My train of thought was interrupted by a human voice.

-"Hey Gipsy!" I heard a female voice say.

     I raised my head, only to realize that it was Neptune, not Compa.

-"Hello Lady Neptune." I said, lowering my head again.

-"Uh oh, what's wrong?" Neptune asked, hopping down onto my shoulder.

-"Nothing. Why do you ask?" 

-"You seem down, what's up?"

     Neptune sat down on my shoulder, kicking out her legs rhythmically. Her IV was just floating next to her. I didn't want to talk to humans right now...except Compa. I looked the other way.

-"Okay, I'll drop it. Can't we just talk then?" Neptune asked.

-"Sure, about what?" I asked.

-"Hmmm, how about Compa? You two seem to really like each other!" 

     I rapidly turned my head to face her again. She had a devious smile on her face.

-"Looks like I was right!" she said, laughing

-"No, that is incorrect. I do not feel a special way about Compa." I said quickly.

     Neptune kept laughing while I tried harder to convince her, to no avail. Once I realized that my efforts were meaningless, I turned my head away again. Why is she so amused by this?

-"Awww, come on! I'm just messing around!" Neptune said, wiping tears of laughter from her eyes.

-"..." I stayed silent.

     I considered whether I should go into sleep mode for a while, at least until she leaves. But I decided against it.

-"Okay fine, I'll change the subject! How about we talk about you! What 'big guns' you got? I didn't get to see them last time!" Neptune said, playfully punching my head.

-"Well," I said, turning my head back to her. "There is this."

     I extended my arm and charged up my plasma cannon. Safety on, of course.

 Safety on, of course