Prologue (250 years ago)

I was born out of sweat, blood and metal. Brought into the world in a time of crisis, built to be the solution humans thought would be best. Gamindustri, the home of the humans. One nation, Tari, ruled and protected by a goddess called a CPU. Or, that's how it used to be anyway. Let me tell you my story.
     The world was once a calm place. But suddenly, giant beasts even too powerful for the goddess to handle started emerging. War campaigns needed to be planned and tactical strikes were carried out. It took 8 days to take down the first...then the second one hit. Then the third and then the fifth and the world realized...this wasn't gonna stop. The day after the fifth attack, the CPU, Blue Heart, was forced to use most of her power to create something potentially stronger than herself. And that creation...was me. At first, I was less armored and had no weapons other than fists. I was definitely weak compared to Blue Heart, who also went by the name Rei Ryghts. When I first came into being, I was given one prime directive from Blue Heart. 

-"Protect as many innocent lives as you can." She told me.

     Humanity actually started winning. For a bit more than 100 years, I was managing to kill the giant beasts that were attacking. During that time, my creator, the CPU, used more of her power to upgrade me with stronger armor, new weapons and a brand new nuclear reactor in my chest. I had just over 80 kills now. At that point I was probably on par with Blue Heart in terms of power. Then again, she was weakened after making me. However, over time, people started to lose faith in Blue Heart. And started having more faith in me instead. Eventually, she hit a breaking point.
     She had been getting more and more ruthless throughout the years but now, she was just about ready for a genocide. She wasn't stupid though, she knew that I'd try to protect the people. So she locked me in place with one of her skills. I was forced to remain in my launch hanger while she went on a rampage on the people of Tari, blaming them for not giving her strength. Finally, after 3 days, the entire world of Gamindustri went silent. My restraints were suddenly gone and I realized what exactly had happened...she's dead. Drained of energy, Rei had fallen and presumably had taken at least a few injuries while fighting. I had to manually push open the doors of the hanger and walk out to the see the destruction in Blue Heart's wake.
     Just in case, I scanned for any survivors...nothing. At least, nothing within the south-east part of Gamindustri. I spent the next week scanning every wreckage and ghost town I could find and it still turned up empty. By now, I was sure that the search for survivors...was over. But in the end I found the thing responsible for Blue Heart's death. Soon after I was done with my searches in the urbanized part of the south-east, I heard a loud roar. At the time, I couldn't believe. Right then, a beast decided to attack. Right at the worst possible time. However I soon noticed that the beast had left Rei with a hole through her. A large part of her abdomen had been punctured. I knew this beast was responsible for it.
     I then remembered the order she gave to me many years ago. I'll kill this thing, no matter what. Of course, I managed to kill it easily. These beasts haven't learned a thing. Once it fell, I stood, reveling in my victory. But then realized...that it was too late, too late to fight, help or save anyone. I took one last look at my creator...and then turned away, my failure intensifying inside. These beasts caused all this. If I had not been needed, things would still be peaceful. That's when I decided I'd beat them all, all of them.
     I simply roamed the shorelines of Gamindustri. I finally managed to figure out that they were coming from there. After 68 years and 43 more kills, it happened. It started when I wanted to cut through the mainland to get to the other shoreline. But I stopped as soon as I heard noises you'd typically hear from a busy city: car horns, engines, all that. I took a cautious look at the mainland only to discover that life had retaken it. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The world had just put itself back together behind my back. I originally wanted to reintroduce myself, but had second thoughts when I realized something. Who says these people even know or remember who I am? To them, I could be a beast. That's when I decided that I'd remain undetected.