Failure

Compa P.O.V.

     Iffy and I were walking down the beach for our day off. I asked Neppy if she wanted to come, but she said that Histy was keeping her in for being too lazy. It was a nice day for it too, a few clouds, sunlight reflecting off the water. 

-"So Compa, why did you want to come here anyway?" Iffy asked.

-"No reason, I just like seeing the sunrise." I said.

-"Well, I'll admit that the beach does look pretty this early." 

-"It's too bad Neppy couldn't be here to see this."

-"Heh, knowing her, she'd probably just jump in the water."

-"Yeah, that sounds about right."

     The two of us walked down the side of the water until we found a palm tree to sit under and rest our feet. Fog started to cover the water and the clouds became a bit thicker over time. It made me feel a bit sleepy. I rested my head on Iffy's shoulder, she didn't seem to mind.

-"Tired, Compa?" Iffy asked.

-"Just..." I yawned. "just a bit."

-"Come on, try and stay awake. The whole reason we came out here this early was to enjoy the beach, right? You can nap later, if you want."

     I sat up again and stretched a bit until we both heard a subtle rumbling noise.

-"Compa, did you hear that?" Iffy asked.

-"Yeah. What...what was that Iffy?" I asked nervously.

-"I don't know, but be careful."

     We walked up closer to the shoreline, all while hearing the same rumbling noise start to get slightly louder and louder. It was coming from the sea, but I couldn't guess what it was. I then saw...lights? They were shining through the fog and seemed to be attached to something much...taller. 

...

     No way.

-"It can't be him." I said in disbelief.

-"Huh? Compa, what did you say?" Iffy asked.

-"He said he'd beat them all. This is impossible!"

-"Compa, what are you talking about??" 

     I then saw the thing in a condition I had hoped never to see.

Gipsy P.O.V.

     I just had...to get to a shoreline. If I could make it there...I could repair my neural net. At this point, my arm is...the least of my worries. Does this ocean never end?! To my surprise, as soon as I thought that, I felt my foot land on water that was shallow enough to indicate a beach! I took that one last step and then, I just let go.

 Does this ocean never end?! To my surprise, as soon as I thought that, I felt my foot land on water that was shallow enough to indicate a beach! I took that one last step and then, I just let go