Drive In

SONG CHOICE
The Boys of Summer by Don Henley

✨SONG CHOICE✨The Boys of Summer by Don Henley

MARTY picked you up in his 4x4. Tonight you and him were going to the drive in movie theatre. You both hadn't been there since you went back to 1955 and the drive in was the only suitable place to go to the old west without being seen. It looked different now, it was more in a '80s style than a 1950s style.

Marty, being the hopeless romantic he is wanted tonight to be special. You and him had been through so much together, going to 1955 by mistake and then having to go to the future to save your children. And then having to go to the old west to save Doc's life. To say it was a stressful two weeks was an understatement.

You both arrived at the drive in and Marty parked the 4x4. You both got out and went to the back of the truck, where you planned on setting up a sleeping bag. Marty lifted you up by the waist and placed you gently on the sleeping bag.

"I could have gotten in myself," you giggled. Marty gave you his classic smile-smirk, "Where's the fun in that?" He asked. He placed a kiss on your forehead and got up. "Where are you going?" You asked.

Marty turned around and took out his wallet, "To get food. What do you want?" He asked. You thought about it for a moment, "Large popcorn and a Pepsi," you replied, smiling at him.

"A girl after my own heart," he teased. "Stay there, I'll be right back," he continued, walking away.

Throughout your time traveling adventures, Marty learned that you and him were safer at each others side, which is why he was always checking up on you, to make sure you were okay.

He felt a little bad about leaving you at the truck, but he didn't want to go as far as being an over protective boyfriend, even though he could be sometimes.

You laid in the bed of the truck, your Nike shoes lifted up the your knees, comfortably. You watched the big screen as a cartoon popcorn bucket informed you that the movie was going to start soon.

Marty came back with a large popcorn and two Pepsi's. He handed you the popcorn and sat the cans of Pepsi down on the sleeping bag. He then laid down next you.

You cuddled into him and he wrapped his arm around you, protectively. You laid your head in the crook of his neck.

Your breathing calmed down as you and him watched the movie. It was peaceful and calm. It was the most calm you've felt in the past two weeks, considering the circumstances.

Marty leaned down to see you falling asleep in his arms. He leaned down to kiss your forehead, while also brushing your messy h/c hair out of your face. As he admired you, he realized he would do anything for you.

"I love you Y/n," he whispered, so you wouldn't hear him if you were still awake.

After the movie ended he shook you awake, lightly. "Y/n," he whispered, but you were still sound asleep. He leaned down and kissed you awake. You fluttered your eyes open to see Marty's perfect face.

"That's a nice way to wake up," you joked sweetly. Marty laughed under his breath, "I'm sure," he joked back.

"The movies over, I should take you back home," he continued. You groaned and got up from the bed of the 4x4.

You and Marty hopped back into the truck and Marty drove you home. You saw your parents waiting at the door and rolled you eyes.

"Wow, they don't trust me," you said, annoyed. Marty turned to you after awkwardly waving at your parents. "No, they don't trust me," Marty replied.

You got out of the 4x4 and went to the drivers side of the truck. "Goodnight McFly," you said, lovingly.

"Night L/n," Marty replied. You smiled and lean into to kiss him sweetly on the lips. You then walked to your house as Marty drove away, thinking about you the rest of the night.