The Big Gig

SONG CHOICE
Fight For Your Right by Beastie Boys

YOU walked into arcade where Marty and The Pinheads we going to play

YOU walked into arcade where Marty and The Pinheads we going to play. Tonight was their first big gig as a band and all week Marty kept telling you how nervous he was and how he was afraid that nobody would enjoy The Pinheads music.

You of course knew that wasn't true. Marty was an excellent singer and guitarist. If anyone could pull this off it would be him.

"Hey guys!" You greeted, smiling at the band. Marty took off his guitar and smiled lovingly at you. He then walked towards you, "Y/n! You came!" He exclaimed.

You laughed, "Of course I did McFly, your my best friend," you replied. You both hugged and Paul and Bobby laughed to each other about how clueless you were.

It was obvious Marty had a huge crush on you.

"What are you guys opening with?" You asked, leaning on a PAC MAN machine. Lee got up from his drum set and walked over to you.

"Fight For Your Right," he said, grabbing a Pepsi from the cooler. You grabbed one after him and nodded. "Nice, I like the way you guys play that," you said, smirking at them.

They all laughed, which caused you to laugh. Marty went back up to the stage area and put his guitar on. "Want to watch us practice?" He asked you.

"Yeah sure, that's why I came anyway. Also might want to bring up my high score on Dig Dug," you joked, taking a sip of Pepsi.

Marty and The Pinheads started to play and you sang along, fully getting into the music. Marty watched as you danced along to the sick beat he was playing on his guitar.

After they finished practicing you took some of the quarters out of your jean jacket and went to the Dig Dug machine.

Paul and Lee walked up to Marty who was staring longingly at you. "Why don't you just tell her how you feel," Paul asked.

Marty turned around and looked at Paul and Lee, trying his best to look confused, even though he knew exactly what they were talking about.

"What do you mean?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck. Paul rolled his eyes and Lee crossed his arms, "Seriously, don't even act like you don't know what we're taking about. Your completely in love with Y/n, admit it," Lee said.

Marty just stared at his friends blankly in response. "McFly, tell her how you feel, please. I don't think I can take anymore of your hopeless romantic song suggestions," Paul said, putting a hand on Marty's shoulder.

Marty groaned, knowing they were right. "Fine," he pouted getting up and walking towards the Dig Dug machine.

"Hey," Marty said to you. "Hey," you responded not taking your eyes off the machine, "Dam!" You said, as the game ended. "I was so close to beating my high score, I think the machine might hate me," you joked turning around to look at Marty.

"How's practice?" You asked, playfully nudging his shoulder. Marty shrugged, "It's going okay," he said, thinking of ways to tell you how he felt about you.

"You guys sound great. You are great, I know it," you smiled.

Meanwhile, Paul, Lee, and Bobby were secretly watching you and Marty. Hoping that he would tell you he liked you.

"He's gonna do it," Bobby said confidently. "He's not going to do it," Lee retorted. "He wants to do it, but I agree with Lee. He's not going to do it," Paul said, looking between both Lee and Bobby. Bobby rolled his eyes and Lee smiled cheekily.

You and Marty walked back to the band and you sat down on a speaker, as they got ready to practice some more.

Later that night, You arrived back at the arcade. It was packed with kids from school, every kid you ever had a class with was there.

"Marty it's packed! Wait ago!" You said, pulling him into a hug. Marty slightly blushed and you both pulled away, "Wouldn't have been possible with out you," he replied.

You laughed under your breath, "Doubtful, where should I stand?" You asked. "Upfront, like always," Marty smiled, leading you to the front of the audience.

"Marty!" A girl's voice called out. You and Marty both turned around to see the one and only Jennifer Parker.

"Marty! Hi!" She said to Marty in her flirty voice. "Hi," Marty replied. Jennifer didn't even acknowledge your existence, which annoyed you because you had like four classes together.

"Hi Jen," you said, waving at her awkwardly. "Oh hi, Y/n," she trailed off, only to look towards Marty once again.

"Listen Marty, I was wondering if after the concert you would like to join me for pizza down at Pizza Hut, later tonight," she asked, the flirting evident in her voice.

Marty rubbed the back of his neck, and let out a sigh, "Uh, Jennifer I'm sorry, but I have plans with the guys and Y/n tonight," Marty replied.

You looked at him, confused. Marty had no plans tonight, what he told Jennifer was a complete false hood.

Jennifer sighed, "Awe, that sucks, maybe some other time," she said. Marty nodded in response as Jennifer glared at you and walked away.

"Why did you turn down Jennifer Parker?" You asked, dumbfounded. Marty picked up his guitar, "Because I like someone else," he said, getting ready to go up and perform.

"Who?" You asked. Marty stepped down off the stage and walked a little closer to you, "You," he responded.

Before you could even respond Marty got up on stage and tapped the microphone. "Hey everybody, we're The Pinheads and we're too darn loud," he smile-smirked. As Paul, Lee, and Bobby got ready to play.

A/n- Okay so I wrote this because there needs to be more Pinheads content and I love writing the humor between Paul, Lee, and Bobby, so get prepared to read more of that TBH. Hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as i enjoyed writing it. 🥺❤️also I know that Fight For Your Right is a 90s song but I don't care, they would still sing it 👉👈