Will You Run Away Now?

"If you love me, don't let go."

Chapter Theme Song: 'Unsteady' by X Ambassadors.

Warning: Chapter Contains Gore and Physical Abuse.

A/N: Please listen to the above song throughout this chapter :)

••

Blaze

•Flashback Begins•

"Mama, please!" Small hands hovered above my head in a bid to shield myself from the raw wire, the skin on my knuckles tearing painfully at each strike that met them. Blood spotted my skin, oozing from my now exposed dermis.

"Remove your hands, Blaze Xander!" The woman, who was supposed to be my mother, ordered while not ceasing her merciless beatings on a skinny eight-year-old.

She grabbed my hands to pull them apart, and I cried at the top of my lungs, desperately crawling away from her on my stomach while my body scraped against the hard ground.

Two cold hands clutched my arms painfully from behind, sharp nails delving into my skin. I felt like the soft bones of my biceps were crackling under her grasp. She pulled me up to sit while I cried and covered my head with my hands, pressing my face between my battered knees. She hissed at my reluctance and walked away to a cabinet in the kitchen.

"You like stealing, huh? Just because your father is away on business, you think that you can be the man of the house. Well, I will show you!"

I wasn't sure what she was looking for, but foolish of me to have thought love could conquer all. I got up on shaky, bony feet and ran over to her, wrapping my red bruised arms around her slender waists and laying my head against her back.

"Sorry, Mama. I love you; I love you and I won't steal food anymore. I was just hungry, please...please don't hit me."

She stilled for a moment, and I thought my apology was getting around to her, but she just unwrapped my fragile hands and grabbed a fork from the wooden cabinet. She flipped the stove on and put the iron utensil onto the burning heat.

I took a step back with wide eyes, and she noticed that I was about to run away, so she grabbed me by my collar and pulled me forward.

"Mama!"

"Do not fucking call me that, you little menace! I am not your mother! You're just like your father! You're going to grow up to give women havoc just like him! What have I ever done to him? For him to have an affair like I am nothing!"

"Mama—!"

"If you call me that again boy, I will kill you." Her eyes were wide open, and they appeared red and veiny. "I am not your fucking mother, you piece of shit!"

She grabbed the fork from the stove and pushed it toward my face, but I steer my head away, the heat scorching as it passed by my nose.

I shake uncontrollably, ogling the hot iron cross-eyed as one of my hand clutched onto her wrist. "No, please... please." I whimpered.

"Hold your face! When you get older, you will use this face of yours to break hearts, just like what your damn father is doing! What makes that policewoman better than me?! Huh?! Tell me!"

I was crying frantically, trying to wiggle myself away from her, and I had no idea what on earth she was talking about.

She lifted my T-shirt and despite my wrestles, she pressed the hot fork into the side of my chest. The heat burned into my skin, and I felt the pain in every inch of my body.