Always Look At Me

"I don't like the way he's looking at you, I'm starting to think you want him too. Am I crazy? Have I lost ya? Even though I know you love me, can't help it." —Nick Jonas.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Jealous' by Nick Jonas.

••

Harmony

Once again, April and the girls don't fail to surprise me with the way they assisted me in getting dressed for the party.

I am wearing a blue sleeveless top with a pair of black skinny jeans. I ensured to take a jacket with me since I've learned from the previous time that not taking a sweater to these events will result in you becoming a live snowman.

The girls look awesome themselves, and as we enter through the large timber doors, a few heads turn to scope us out. I keep my eyes on the floorboard, not liking the attention we are getting at all. I am starting to regret not staying in and watching a movie, but I recall why I agreed to come in the first place. To avoid being alone with Blaze.

The house is huge, and I wouldn't be surprised if Tia reveals later that her cousin is actually a billionaire. There would be no slack jaws or widely opened eyes from me since the interior of the home surely does account for it.

If I were not feeling this depressed, however, I would have given the dwelling a more proper examination, but for now, all I can think about is how my heart keeps aching for the one boy I have ever truly found an interest in.

Shamefully, after he touched me that night, I have sunken headway into a sea of emotions and feelings and I just can't seem to get out of it. It's eating away at my heart and consuming my soul, forcing me to harbor thoughts of only him and grabbing onto false hope that perhaps one day we could be something. Anything.

I am such a pathetic mess.

"Woah, Kite has a whole party here," April says above the music, and I pull myself from the drowning thoughts and try to focus on what's happening around me.

"Um, do you all know him?"

Yuna smiles. "Yeah, he keeps parties a lot plus he's friends with Blaze and James."

Tia glances around frantically while unconsciously gripping onto my arm. "Where is he? I want to introduce you to him, Harmony."

Introduce me? Okay, that will be awkward. I am definitely not a social person.

"Hey, it's okay." I quickly say. "You don't have to."

Tia grins. "Don't be shy, he's cool; you'll like him. I'll go find him." She runs off on her heels to locate this 'Kite', and I blow out a sigh.

It's really okay though. I don't want to meet new faces tonight especially since my mind is nothing but a wreck. All my mental energy is currently used up, how will I be able to fake smiles and fabricate small talks at this rate?

That's why you should have just stayed home and watched Netflix instead, my subconscious scolds. But she knows the reason I agreed to come to this party in the first place was to avoid being alone with Blaze. She's the same one who will mentally torment me if I yield to temptation again and do things I shouldn't do with him.

April pulls her cell from her jeans pocket then after a few seconds of her flawless nails tapping against the illuminated screen, she looks up at Yuna and I. "Blaze is in the living room, let's go over."

The sound of his name gives me an instant leap in my heartbeat as Yuna tucks her arm in mine and we walk toward what seems to be the living room.

"Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!"