Chapter 9: Seeking You

Dressed in a suit, Gabriel sauntered down the fleet of stairs. He headed towards the kitchen where his siblings already were gathered early in the morning. They were all scattered around the kitchen when he appeared. Viola's eager green eyes lifted. His sister jumped up from her seat.

"How did it go?" she asked erratically surprising everyone.

Gabriel groaned inwardly. His sister really had no lid on her big mouth.

"How'd what go?" asked Hunter who was sitting comfortably next to Hailey.

Gabriel sighed. "Seriously." He glared at Viola who raised both her hands in truce for her mistake.

Vincent looked between Gabriel and Viola. "You two are acting strange this morning," he remarked.

Gabriel went around Klaus and poured himself a cup of coffee. If he was going to tell everyone about last night, then he was going to need caffeine. Gabriel stood facing his family. All their puzzled eyes on him. "I met Sabrina last night," he told them.

"We know. We all did when she came for dinner," said Hunter.

Hailey laid her hand on Hunter's arm. "I don't think that's what he means."

Vincent straightened from leaning on the counter. "You met Sabrina again after you dropped her home?"

Gabriel's stern gaze was enough to tell them the answer to Vincent's question.

"What for?" asked Klaus.

Viola uncrossed her legs. "You told her," she stated more than asked.

Gabriel nodded to his sister. "I told Sabrina of my past, even about Robert," he said. Gabriel took a sip and looked around his family's expressions, that wasn't what he was quite expecting. They looked rather blank and confused.

"What brought this on?" asked Klaus. "You rarely open up to people."

"Sabrina is his mate," stated Viola. Her lips arising into a wide smile. "And it seems our brother has accepted, that even he needs a happily-ever-after."

Gabriel shook his head. He couldn't help but laugh at her. "Okay, I wouldn't go that far, Viola," he remarked. He wasn't one to believe in wistful notions.

Viola got off her seat and approached him. She wrapped her arms around Gabriel's waist, her head rested right over his heart. "I'm so happy for you," she said softly.

Gabriel set his cup down.

He leaned his head on his sister's and wrapped an arm around her. She was a grown woman who had trained to become a powerful wolf like her brothers. But to Gabriel, she was always the little girl he took to school and trained.

"I wouldn't have gone if you hadn't said what you did last night," Gabriel told her.

"I'm all up for a group hugs and cuddles, but why don't we celebrate this with champagne," suggested Vincent.

"It's eight in the morning," remarked Hunter. But Vincent just shrugged it off.

"Oh, come on, Vincent," said Hailey as she got out of her seat and opened her arms wide. "Congratulations, Gabriel." She wrapped her wide arms around Viola and Gabriel.

"Thanks, Hailey," said Gabriel.

"Me too-" It was sudden when Klaus abruptly joined and tipped them back from the force. But that wasn't all, Vincent and Hunter both attacked at the same time too, overly crowding their alpha.