Chapter 2: Someday

"What was that all about, Bobby?" Sabrina asked her old friend.

Bobby's kind blue eyes saddened even further. "Today's the death anniversary of Rose Centauri," he told her. "She was Gabriel's mom and the alpha-female of the pack years ago."

Sabrina's gut sank. "Oh god, I didn't know."

Bobby shook his head as he took a seat on the stool beside her. "How could you?" remarked Bobby. "You never knew that pack or the family."

"I didn't even give any condolences," she groaned at her failed attempt.

Bobby waved his hand. "They understand. Besides, that family isn't a stickler for things like that," he tried to reassure Sabrina, but it didn't help. Bobby left to help a customer at the front.

Sabrina's chirpy mood fell as soon as she realized her inconsiderate mistake towards Gabriel Centauri and his pack members. It was true that she had no idea about the death of their mother, but Sabrina wasn't one to ignore the heavy mood around them today. The first thing she noticed when she walked into the building was Gabriel and his family. Despite the smiles on each of them, the strict solidity in Gabriel and his younger brother Klaus's eyes spoke for their silence.

After finishing up with a photoshoot, she was close to Bobby's restaurant, and as always, she dropped in on him. Bobby had done what no one had done for her. He was the only one to give her chance when she had nothing to offer in return. It was thirteen years ago, that she used to work at Bobby's restaurant just so she could feed and clothes herself.

Those times had passed and a lot changed in Sabrina's life, but the one thing that she made sure to teach herself was respect, which she failed today. But she knew that there was nothing she could do about it now. There was no chance for her to apologize or meet that family any time soon. Although, she was curious of how Bobby personally knew Gabriel.

Sabrina still remembered when she had met them all at her friend's wedding. Her friend, Ashley had introduced the Centauri's to Sabrina personally, although Sabrina was already familiar with the Centauri name and business, well who wasn't. Gabriel was the talk around the corporate world and the shifter world. Sabrina never paid much attention to it since her own work was so pressing, but when she met them all at the wedding, she just couldn't get them out of her head- especially the eldest and the alpha. Sabrina lost all words when she gazed into his molten gold eyes. Pure vitality, resilience and passion was what those eyes expressed to her.

Sabrina froze in her tracks when he stepped in front of her with his towering height and broad shoulders. Gabriel's jaw was sharp but tough and held in a tight lock, like his stern lips. Her gaze drank in the sight of his fierce eyes, that had a captivating impression on her. But it was her wolf's reaction to Gabriel that warned Sabrina to pay close attention. Sabrina had noticed how everyone in the room yielded to his power, those eyes measured the entire area before they had captured onto her. His gaze brightened, his long legs shifted to face her. Sabrina caught how the light of the sun played on his gorgeous face, that did nothing to make him less intimidating than he already was with his height and muscular built.

Usually, Sabrina would be dressed in a loose pair of sweatpants and a sweater before she'd come to chow-down at Bobby's restaurant. But Sabrina was so glad that she was dressed to perfection today, because Gabriel made her terribly aware of her appearance. He stood confidently like the predatory his wolf was known to be. The raven black suit was perfectly tailored to his body, that was a lethal weapon all on its own. Under the suit, he paired it with a crisp white shirt and a black necktie. His black wool overcoat was structured lines, handmade beautifully and was long enough to sit right around his knees. His black shoes alone were definitely Italian-made and had to cost a fortune, like her own stilettoes for that matter.