Chapter 13: Our Wolves

Sabrina was standing on the field gaping with her mouth wide open at the sight in front of her

Sabrina was standing on the field gaping with her mouth wide open at the sight in front of her. "So, this is what you guys meant," she astonished to the girls around her. Hailey had warned Sabrina that this night would get a bit messy, and by the scene in front of her, she understood what that meant now.

"Yup," Hailey chuckled.

"I had the same expression when I saw this too," Ashley shared with a chirpy laugh. "It's kind of hard to get used to."

"Are they going to be okay?" asked Sabrina.

Viola nodded. "No one ever gets hurt," she said, but then, she froze, "other than that one time. But we don't talk about that." Only Hailey knew what Viola spoke of so grimly, which definitely didn't reassure Sabrina.

Sabrina watched as two beastly wolves battled on the middle of the field, which entertained the Centauri pack who gladly watched. She could tell that neither of the wolves deliberately used their claws or fangs to attack, so this tussle was just for play. But it still looked aggressive and frankly dangerous from the way the wolves slammed into each other and bared their fangs at one another.

On the field, Azura was battling the twins River and Ryder, but it was clear that she was beating them even though she was alone; it looked hard but also very fun. Suddenly, Vincent shifted into his wolf and aided Azura, but he mostly targeted Ryder who was caught off guard by his sudden intrusion. The wolves rolled on the ground and finally Azura and Vincent beat the twins. They all transformed into their human forms and laughed at each other's battered state.

Sabrina was bummed that she arrived so late to the carnival she waited all day to come to. But work held her back, so she couldn't make it here faster. Although, when she had arrived, she wasn't expecting to see other packs here too. She recognized everyone almost immediately upon her arrival because the same faces were at Ashley's wedding. Sabrina was well acquainted with Isaiah and his brothers through Ashley. Sabrina had met Zachariah, his lovely wife Evangeline and their adorable son Dimitri at the wedding too.

"I need to try that," said Zeiden. He was jumping in his spot clearly eager to get in the rumble himself. "How come we never tried this with our pack?"

Isaiah, Zeiden's older brother and alpha, shook his head. "I don't understand how this pack even begins to think that this is okay," Isaiah commented.

Lazarus was just as confused. "What an odd pack," he added. "How are they known as the most ferocious pack? They look like a bunch of pups to me."

Ronin chuckled. "But you have to admit that it looks fun."

"It does," said Adrik surprising the entire group. Finally, something impressed this stoic wolf. Ashley and Sabrina chuckled at them.

"Who's next?" asked Ryder who stood in jeans alone and covered in a sheen of sweat from the fight.

"Did I not beat you up enough?" asked Vincent sarcastically.