Chapter 3: Golden Gala

Suddenly, the curtains that blocked out the morning light split wide open. "Rise and shine-" a voice pulled Sabrina out of her dreamless sleep.

Sabrina let out a sharp wince. "Helen," she grumbled. Her manager was the only person that had the nerve to disturb Sabrina on a Saturday morning. She opened her drowsy eyes finding a short, lean woman in front of her.

"Come on," ushered Helen. "We have a lot to do today." Sabrina was forcefully pulled out of bed by her arms, her bare body was covered with a robe before she was pushed into the shower. "Be quick or else the breakfast that I brought will get cold."

Sabrina's eyes widened. "Did you perhaps... bring-" Sabrina could almost feel her mouth salivate from just thinking about it.

Helen's lips that were painted a bold red lifted into a cheeky grin. "Oh yeah," she said. "Your favourite and freshly made by Bobby himself."

Sabrina's stomach growled. "You're killing me over here."

"Hot and gooey cinnamon rolls are sitting downstairs for you," Helen boasted. She pushed the rim of her black glasses up her button nose. "And if you don't hurry, they'll get cold."

Sabrina ran into the bathroom and got under the spray of water before it even turned remotely warm. She was so fast that she nearly slipped on her own bare feet, but she quickly recovered and ran down the stairs without even drying her wet hair or body.

In a long robe that spilled to the floor around her feet, Sabrina sat on the stool near the kitchen counter with the box full of cinnamon rolls fully unwrapped, like a precious gift. The sugary yet spicy scent made her swoon and a sultry moan escaped her lips with eat bite. She grabbed a hot and glazed with sugar roll, the icing spilled down her fingers as she took a large bite filling her entire mouth.

Helen chuckled. "Use a plate-" she placed a plate under Sabrina's hand, but the model didn't care for it.

Sabrina finished one roll without even blinking an eye. She put the second one on the plate and ate it gingerly, savouring each bite more than the last. "Who said Heaven wasn't real," she remarked. "These-" she pointed at her plate- "These are Heaven."

"Glad to see you enjoy them," Helen said as she joined Sabrina on the stools.

"Thanks for the treat," Sabrina said between her mouthful.

Helen Chastain was a short woman who had a loud personality. Helen always fashioned a short black bob and a heavy fringe, that was cut just above her doe brown eyes. Helen's glasses were black and thickly rimmed, hiding her petite face. But the face was the last thing you saw because Helen's tattoos, fishnet stockings and gothic black skirts were what turned heads first. In blood-red lipstick, leather boots and metal chokers, it was fair to say that Sabrina Sinclair's petite manager looked deadly.

"Carlo will be arriving soon," said Helen as she put her phone on the counter in front of her. This woman never went anywhere without her phone glued to her side.

And like that breakfast was finished and an hour passed before Carlo arrived with his team. Full on cinnamon rolls, Sabrina sat in a chair as Carlo and his team worked around the clock to get her ready for the gala. Typically for any event, it took hours to get Sabrina Sinclair ready. Makeup was finished and Sabrina had just put her dress on when she noticed the sun had set low behind the trees, which surrounded her home. The sky was dark, all light had left the city and it was time to head to the Charity Gala.

"Thank you so much for working your magic, Carlo," Sabrina smiled towards the young man.

Carlo's kind blue eyes gleamed, he smiled warmly. "Anytime," he said. "There is no one I like styling more than you."