I Just Can't Breathe

This chapter is a little short but the next one will be worth it :) So guys get ready cuz the chapter after this is gunna be CRAZIE I’m going crazy just thinking about it :)

-Next morning-

I wake up in the morning smelling salt in the air, then I hear seagulls and waves crashing. I quickly open my eyes to find a boy next to me, his blonde hair has extreme bed head, and he snores, a lot. Once my eyes have adjusted I realize who the mystery boy is.

“Ross?” I whisper to myself, kinda confused.

“Hmm? Sydney?” Ross says, and continues snoring. I cover my mouth but then realize he didn’t wake up and he was just talking in his sleep. I push his hair out of his face so I can get a better look at his facial features. His face is a little chubby with very little sight of any freckles, and his eyelashes were fairly long. I chuckle at how cute he looks when he is asleep. Then I remember last night. How sweet and comforting he was to me.

“God you are just the whole package aren’t you?” I tell his sleeping body.

“Hmm, huh, what?” A startled Ross sits up confused. He rubs his face with both his hands and transitions them to the top of his head, where he begins to run them through his hair, making the bed head even worse. “Oh yeah, the beach” he looks at me “Wanna go swimming?”

“What? Ross you realize it’s freezing right?”

“So? It will be fun!” he says while taking off his shirt, revealing his muscular body.

“Well I can’t say no to fun” I wink back. I strip down to my bra and panties, I look up and catch Ross staring at me. “Hey! Take a picture, it will last longer!”

“Well okay if you insist,” he says sarcastically while taking out his phone.

“Hey! No! I was just joking!” I grab his phone and he reaches for it “No, no, no” I throw it on the blanket and start at a sprint toward the water “Last one in is—“ I get cut off when I am hoisted up onto Ross’ shoulder and he runs us both to the water and jumps in. we are in a spot where it is too deep for me to stand, but Ross can. I can swim, but I’m not the best and me having just woken up doesn’t help much either so I grab a hold of Ross and don’t let go. “Oh my god, it is so cold, take me out!”

“Haha calm down Sydney we just got in” he smirks laughing at me.

“I can see my breath right now!” I say looking for sympathy, but he doesn’t buy any and he begins to take me deeper into the ocean.

“Ross Shor Lynch, take me out!” I say holding his shoulders.

“Hehehe okay just one more thing” was the last thing I heard before I was taken under water. It came as a complete surprise to me so I ended up swallowing quite a bit of water. Ross then brought me back to the surface and I began to cough out water. As I hacked up the water Ross couldn’t stop laughing at me.

“I *cough cough* could’ve died! Well *cough* let’s see *cough cough* how... you like it! *cough*” I work out in small chunks as I jump on top of him and try to push him down into the water. It turns out little ole me didn’t have quite the body mass to succeed in this mission. And instead he just lifted me on his back and started to walk back to shore.

“Well I believe we can both say that was extremely pathetic on your part”

“Hey.. I tried my best” I retort, slightly disappointed “I’ll get you back one day”

“Haha sure… whatever you say” We pick up our things and Ross drives me home. As we are driving back I get a call from Candy, my boss, saying I have to come in to work today.

“Damn.”

“What?” Ross says.

“I have to go to work, and I need to be there in thirty minutes. I’ll never make it if I take the bus”

“I’ll drive you if you want” Ross offers.

“Really? I wouldn’t want to be a bother”

“No no I’m glad to do it” he smiles. This then causes me to blush. We pull into my drive way and I bolt up the stairs with Ross hot on my trail. I begin to talk a mile a minute.

“Okay come on in make yourself at home, get something to eat or drink or do whatever. I have to go take a shower and change and make sure I have everything. Got it? Break!” I say as if I am coaching a sports team. Ross just laughs I go and turn the shower on.

*Ross POV*

I hear the shower door close signaling Sydney has started to take her shower. I walk over to Sydney’s small pantry in her kitchen and I open it, I scan around for a while until I find a box of instant oatmeal, I grab a pack out and start boiling some water in a kettle. I sit down on her couch and grab Seventeen magazine and begin to read it, it mostly has pictures of clothes and hair. Eventually I hear the kettle begin to whistle at me. I hop out of my seat and prepare the oatmeal, it is the kind with dinosaur eggs in it, even though it is for little kids it is still my favorite, I walk back to the couch and sit down. I begin to eat my oatmeal while reading the magazine when I hear the shower turn off. Seconds later I hear Sydney’s bedroom door open and I look up, that’s when my jaw drops releasing the hot oatmeal that was once in my mouth all over my chin and lap.

“Ahh!” Sydney screams.

*Sydney POV*

I turn my shower off and I start to dry my hair with my towel, as I did so I walked out of my bedroom to grab my cell phone only to realize,… I forgot Ross was here. “Ahh!” I shriek as I take the towel from my head and attempt to cover my naked body as quick as possible hoping Ross didn’t see much. Once I have myself situated I look up to Ross to realized my efforts were futile by seeing Ross’ jaw hung open dripping oatmeal all over himself. My entire body turns red with embarrassment.

“Umm…um, I um… uh, I” Ross stammers.

“I can’t believe that just happened” I say shamefully, “I totally forgot you were out here.” I walk over to the kitchen to grab a rag; I throw it at Ross’ face “Clean yourself up, you look ridiculous.”

“If I was you I wouldn’t be making fun of me right now” He replies slyly.

“Yeah, lets not talk about this ever again.” I say as I walk into my room and ultimately shut the door. I quickly get ready for work and walk out of my bedroom to Ross who now has an oatmeal stain on his pants.”Okay, I’m ready” I say.

“Yeah this choice of wardrobe seems much more appropriate for work” He comments sarcastically.

“Shut up” I say as I lightly punch him on the arm.

“Oh, ouch” his complaint screamed sarcasm. We get into his car and a few minutes later we are in front of Candy’s “Here we are”

“Thanks for driving me, and for last night, it was amazing”

“Oh well last night was amazing for me too and—“ I cut him off by pecking his lips with mine. His jaw drops slightly again.

“I think there might be something wrong with your jaw Ross” I giggle “Goodbye, I’d love to do this again sometime”

“Yeah, we definitely will” Ross picks his jaw up. I get out of the car smiling and wave goodbye to Ross as I walk into Candy’s.