twenty-seven.

CELESTIAL | 21
"THE HYBRID DOESN'T USE CRUTCHES!"
SCREW ENDGAME

CELESTIAL | 21"THE HYBRID DOESN'T USE CRUTCHES!"SCREW ENDGAME

NATALIE HAD THOUGHT ABOUT DYING A LOT. Sometimes she'd wake up in the morning and think about it and sometimes before she closed her eyes at night. Death was something that constantly weighed on her, which is why dying in place of Lizzie seemed like a good idea at the time.

Except she wasn't dead.

Just in a lot of pain.

"Natalie?" the soft calling of her name reminded her of her mother. How she would lull her to sleep by reading her bedtime stories in a quiet and soothing tone. Natalie wanted her mother.

"Mom?" she called softly. She tried opening her eyes, but her vision was hazy. The room was dimly lit, and she couldn't focus, her eyes wouldn't let her no matter how hard she tried.

"Natalie," the voice said again, sounding less like her mother, "Wake up Natalie."

She tried to find the source of the voice, looking around at her blurred surroundings. Her attention rested on a woman who looked just like her mother. Was it her mother?

"Mom?" Natalie repeated herself, but her vision began to focus, and she realized that the woman was not her mother. She looked eerily like her, but she wasn't her. Who was she? She racked her brain for a name, but it worked sluggishly.

"Bonnie," Natalie muttered softly. In a sense that was her mother.

"I'm here," her aunt said, confirming what Natalie had thought. She was disappointed, she wasn't sure if it was because she wasn't dead or because she longed for her mother and there was no way for her to see her again.

And yet she felt overwhelmingly comforted by the fact that she wasn't dead and that her aunt was by her side.

"What happened?" Natalie asked. She could remember stabbing herself, but she wasn't sure if it had worked.

"After you stabbed yourself, all the dark magic filled your body. You were only half possessed so Josie had to siphon the dark magic from you to get the rest out of Lizzie," Bonnie explained, Natalie could feel as Bonnie's hand moved gently through her hair.

"So, everyone is okay?" Natalie asked.

"Yes," Bonnie answered, "What were you thinking Nat?"

The truth was that she hadn't really thought. Instinct kicked in. Lizzie was her family and she would never hesitate to die in the place of her friends.

"I couldn't let Lizzie die. And if anyone could withstand a stab from a sword with dark magic, it was me," Natalie sighed, "Though now I'm regretting it."

"As you should be," Bonnie tells her, "You may be immune to dark magic, but you're a hybrid. That magic is affecting your wolf as well. It's slowing your healing."