Chapter 10

America POV
---------

" She seems fine for now," said Germany," I'll have to keep an eye on her though."

Philippines was laying on her bed, in her shack, wheezing. Germany, Vietnam, America, and Russia all stood there, looking helpless. All Germany could do now was delay the inevitable. She was going to die. She would cough up her own lungs then drop dead. And the others wouldn't be able to do anything to make it any less painful for her.

She was hot, fevered and wheezing. She coughed as a violent spasm wracked her body.

" How much longer do you think she has," asked Vietnam.

" Maybe a week," said Germany," But I can't be sure."

" I don't wanna die," whispered Pip," I'm not ready."

America saw Russia wince, probably remembering his two dances with death.

" It's okay," said Vietnam, taking her hand," I'm here, I'll be here until the end. Just like I promised."

Germany ushered America and Germany out and into the chilly night air, letting them have a moment together.

" Can you do anything to save her," said America.

" I can try," said Germany," But I know nothing about this sickness, it may be incurable."

" You'll try though," said America," Right?"

" Yes," said Germany," I'll try, just, please don't get your hopes up."

America nodded," Come one Russia, the best thing we can do is rest."

Russia frowned slightly, thinking. Then he looked at America and nodded, limping after him.

...

Russia POV
--------

For once, the memories stopped. He could think. He knew they would be back to torture him, but for now he was able to think rationally.

This sickness. He felt like he's seen it before. Maybe when he was really little and the monsters first started appearing. He frowned, trying to remember.

" Come on Russia," said America," They best thing we can do now is rest."

Russia nodded and limped after America, still trying to remember. He knew he's seen this before. When people cough so bad they cough up their lungs, then they just drop dead. He knew he's seen it before.

But where, and when.

He laid down with America and drifted off. When he woke up he sat up. The sun shone through the window on the other side of his room. He got out of bed, waking America up, then he limped towards his notepad.

" Russia," said America," Are you okay?"

Russia grabbed his notepad and started to write. He hadn't communicated in weeks, hadn't spoken a word or written one. He was probably gonna get someone killed. But they had to know. He showed Ame the note.

" I remember," America read it out loud," Remember what?"

Russia wrote some more and handed it to Ame.

" The sickness, I've seen it before."

" Really," said America, looking up from the note," Do you remember a cure?"

" Yes."

" What is it," asked Ame.

Russia thought for a second, then he wrote down the list of medicines that had been used. America took it and smiled.

" I'll take this to Germany," he said," But since your talking Russia, can you tell me why you stopped taking, I miss your voice. I know you can talk, your just choosing not to."

Russia wrote slowly. Then he held the piece of paper in front of his mouth. America looked shocked. Tears started to run down Russia's cheeks, but he made no sound.

The paper read...

" I've been muted."