Chapter 9 - World's Number 1 Sister

Disclaimer: I do not own Phineas and Ferb. The use of the OC, Emma Hunter, was approved by the owner Emma aka sunsh1ne1023. Please please please check out her work! It's awesome and you will NOT regret it!

A/N: So sorry for the delay guys. Like I said, had stuff to deal with and some writers block but then again, who doesn't, am I right? Haha. As usual, votes, comments and feedback is very much appreciated! Anyways, here you go...

"...I wanna, wanna, wanna have fun, fun, fun!"

Candace and Linda both struck their most awesome power pose as they finished singing the final note. The mother-daughter performance ended with confetti cannons, shooting colourful shreds of paper into the air, which falls softly on the ground, the band and their adoring fans.

Linda finally released her pose and said to Candace, "Awww honey. You were so great! I honestly had so much fun singing with you!"

Candace did not respond and stayed in her pose on stage. Despite the roaring from the audience demanding an encore, there was an obvious awkward silence between the two ladies for a few seconds.

"Any second now..." wished Candace.

"Errr...Candace? You ok, sweetie?" asked Linda.

"Yeah mom, just waiting for something that usually happens after a big inconceivable scheme..."

"Like what, Candace?"

"Usually, some mysterious force takes everything away and everyone would just shrug it off..."

A few moments pass. The crowd started to disperse as they saw no response to the demands of an encore. Candace stayed adamant and stuck to her pose while Linda and the rest of the band started to clean up the backyard.

"Candace sweetie, can you please come and help us? There's quite a bit to do and what are you going to do with this stage?"

Candace finally broke out of her pose and started rubbing her chin, wondering why the mysterious force isn't in effect this time around. After thinking about it, she assumed and concluded that the mysterious force may not work if her mom actively has a role in their summertime schemes. Coming to this conclusion, she shrugged and helped with cleaning up the confetti.

*One Screen Wipe Later*

The cleanup team came together just outside the backdoor of the house and admired their work.

Linda turned to her right where Candace was standing, pointed at the stage and asked her, "So, seriously, what are we gonna do about that?"

"Don't worry, mom," said Candace, "I'll think of something for this."

She, then, nodded towards Buford and Baljeet, who was standing on the other side of the group. Baljeet nodded back in acknowledgement but spied Buford with a sledgehammer, preparing to unleash chaos onto the stage. Baljeet took a quick deep breath and elbowed Buford in the abdomen, to which Buford grabbed Baljeet by the collar. But before he could threaten his frightened nerd, Baljeet made a subtle gesture towards Candace. Buford made a mental note of the audacity of this nerd, hitting him and now cooly trying to divert his attention to something else. Buford looked in the direction of Baljeet's motioning and was met with the deathly gaze of a red-headed girl and instantly, he felt like he was transported somewhere else. Somewhere...peaceful, as if floating and drifting but...different. He looked around. Nothing could be seen. Just ripples of light shining through from above him. By his side, his best friend, Biff, swimming alongside him. Buford felt at peace with everything and closed his eyes.

He opened his eyes, only to find himself staring into Candace's dark navy eyes but she seemed to have a weird, side smile while showing her teeth. Almost like she was wincing at something. He turned around to Baljeet, who was also making the same face but he was looking at something else, something on the floor. He traced his gaze and saw he was looking at the sledgehammer, which he no longer held in his hand. Instead, his foot decided it liked the sledgehammer more. The instant he saw this newly formed friendship between sledgehammer and foot, the pain signals rushed to his brain. The pain intensified to the point that he lost consciousness for a moment, bringing back feelings of when Ferb placed his hand on Buford's neck after his fight with Phineas.