Chapter 4 - Sparks

Disclaimer: I do not own Phineas and Ferb. The use of the OC, Emma Hunter, was approved by the owner Emma aka sunsh1ne1023. Please please please check out her work! It's awesome and you will NOT regret it!

Ferb led Emma up the stairs towards the bedroom he shared with Phineas since they were children. This was the first time she had been into Ferb's room, heck, in any boys' room so one could imagine the mixture of emotions she's feeling right now. Nervousness. Excitement. Anxiousness. They arrived at a door, which had a yellow board or plaque with a black edge, mounted upon it. It read 'P & F's Room'. Just the sight of this made Emma's heart almost jump out of her mouth. As she stared at this door, Ferb looked at her, then at his door and then back at Emma and chuckled. She was staring quite intensely, almost as if to try and look beyond the door, imagining what beauties and treasures lie in wait. As her mind wandered, various thoughts popped into her mind, with each though escalating with emotion - 'I wonder why they decided to have Phineas' name first on this yellow thing? Is Ferb a pushover? Is MY Ferb getting bullied by Phineas and no one knows about it?! Is he unable to fight back?! IS PHINEAS MAKING FERB INTO HIS SLAVE?!?! IS-' Just then, the door slowly swung open into the room it guarded. Almost as if the room itself gave off a heavenly shine, she squinted her eyes to try and focus as Ferb ushered Emma into his room.

As they walked in, the first thing Emma noticed was their two beds on opposite sides of the room, separated by the window. The one on the left was a yellow inflatable lifeboat with a light blue bedsheet. Her eye was drawn to that colour in excitement but quickly realised that this bed did not belong to her beloved. The lifeboat donned the name tag 'SS Phineas', which, she assumed, belonged to Phineas. The left side of the room had some very...interesting decor. Several different coloured vinyl records were mounted on the wall behind Phineas' bed, just above his fish tank, which acted as the headboard to his re-purposed lifeboat bed. On the left-most wall, there stood a totem pole, a retro fuel pump with an animal skull on top of it, a large garden gnome and what looked like a purple bean bag chair. She had to admit, the only normal-looking thing on Phineas' side of the room was his desk, where his computer sat, his stool tucked under it and his electric guitar beside his bed.

On Ferb's side, it was just as interesting but not as cluttered. Maybe because his things are stored quite neatly, or the actual size of these things may have something to do with it. She looked over to her right and saw quite a few large things and wondered 'How did they get these things in here?' She saw a full-sized red London telephone box, something Emma assumed was a replica Easter Island head and an architect's table aligned with the same wall as the door. On the same wall as the window, his side had many posters plastered on to it. The headboard of his bed had a Newton's Cradle and other various trinkets upon it. Moving her gaze down to the floor, she saw a disused metal drum, which Ferb used as a bedside table. There was a sort of rip in the metal, exposing the books inside that Ferb had placed in there. And of course, the pièce de résistance, his bed. FERB's bed. She could only imagine sharing his bed while they watch a movie together, snuggling into him, sharing his warmth underneath the covers. His scent intoxicating her mind. Before she could fall deeper into Ferb-land again, she stopped and brought herself back into reality. She fiercely fought back the urge to jump onto his bed and roll around in it and stood up straight. To try and regain her composure, she closed her eyes and deeply inhaled his scent that was in front of her as Ferb wondered 'What the heck is she thinking about'. As she inhaled, his distinct scent pulled her back on the verge of Ferb-land. However, she once again had to recompose herself with the purpose of not trying to make her seem like a crazy person, creating an infinite loop of happiness and sadness. Her mind was unable to keep up with this rollercoaster of emotions she was experiencing, all in a split second and felt slightly faint. She tried to keep her balance by taking her arm and supporting herself on the nearest solid object. That object was Ferb or more specifically, his chest.