01 || His Return

*Some time later

I feel him behind me before he makes his presence known.

I could feel his strong presence and I was immediately surrounded by his very characteristic and also familiar scent as he approaches me. Leaving me breathless already and anxious for his touch.

My back was to his front; he had surprised me while I was storing away all the parchments that I had used in my lessons today. He wasn't supposed to be back yet.

"My Princess" he says from behind me. His deep male voice almost made me shiver in anticipation.

Slowly I turn around, and that's when I get my first glimpse of him in almost a year. There he was standing in all his glory, the man who made butterflies fly deep inside of me with every exchanged word and look.

"Captain" I respond calmly. Deep inside I was fighting the urge to hold him, touch him in any way, just to make sure that he was real. That he stood in front of me, in his own flesh and blood. "I trust you have made a good journey?"

"We came across some rebels on the way back, but we managed to make good time." he replies

"Good. My father will be pleased." I speak. I grab some parchments to take with me.

"I shall be taking this to my chamber." I inform the scribe. He was an old man. Kind and very wise. He has taught me many things in my years of living.

"I shall arrange for a servant to carry them, my princess." he tells me bowing slowly.

"There is no need. I am sure the Captain would not mind in assisting me." I tell him, turning to look at the man himself. "Unless the Captain is otherwise occupied?"

"It is my honour to be able to assist you, my princess." he replies bowing slightly

"Very well, then if you please..." I say giving him all the parchments I wish to take with me "I shall be returning to my chambers now. Until tomorrow Akil."

I walk in a fast pace; the Captain follows closely behind. All the servants stop and bow when they see me pass but I do not acknowledge them. Once I reach the entrance to my room, I see two guards posted outside my chamber, for "my protection" according to father. They open the doors and I walk inside, the Captain closely behind, never once speaking a word.

The doors close behind us. But we were not alone yet. My personal servant Lillian, stood inside with us. She was a beautiful woman. Her bright golden hair and green eyes were unusual in this land. She was a slave who was brought in to be my personal servant, and we have grown to be good friends in close quarters.

"Lillian, I wish to have my tea now." I tell her. She bows in acknowledgment and exits the room quietly. Once the doors are firmly close behind her and there is no one else in the chamber I finally let myself relax and I turn to the man, who while I spoke with Lillian had disposed of the parchments he had brought for me in my desk, and now stood right in front of me.

"Alone at last." I tell him with a smirk on my lips. Together, almost as if pulled by a string we approach each other, and our lips join together after almost a whole year without seeing each other.

His kiss fells like the breath of fresh air I had been unable to have since his departure. He pulls me closer to him, his hand on my waist holding me tight against him, the other interlocked in my long brown curls. A feature he so deeply admired.

"My love...how I have missed your kisses." he says gently, placing sweet kisses on my cheeks, my eyes, my nose, and finally my lips again.

"Was it only my kisses that you missed?" I ask him feeling slightly dizzy from his touch. I have waited for so long to have him with me again.