10 || Cowboy

During the next two days I was busy preparing everything to shoot the commercial.

Basically the commercial was inspired by the legend of Princess Layla and her Captain. In a way we were going to represent how they fell in love, with a little help from the sweet fragrance of our new perfume, in a 30 second clip or less. It was a big responsibility. Their story meant a lot to this people, to their culture and we wanted to represent them well.

Today we were having the final fittings for the actors, and a general rehearsal. Tomorrow we were finally going to begin shooting. We only had two days in the Palace so we had to make sure we had everything we needed at the site.

"We have a problem." Olivia says approaching me with a serious look. I give her my full attention. "There was an accident on the main road that leads to Hathour. They had to close the road to clear out the rumble. Our actors are stranded until law enforcement gives them the go ahead. We have no idea when that will happen. It could be in an hour, or three."

"If we don't have the final fitting and do the rehearsal today then we will fall behind schedule." I comment starting to get anxious. "It's an already tight schedule has it is. We can't afford to stay behind."

Oh, this is not good. Not good at all.

"Let me talk to the seamstress, see what she has to say." I say trying to think of solutions. I'll see what she has to say and then work from there. There is always a solution for everything, we just had to get creative sometimes.

Heba was an Egyptian old lady. She was hired locally, after Olivia saw her creations in the market place, and sent photos to me for approval. I approved her immediately. Her style was exactly what we were looking for. She had a way to create dresses that took in the Egyptian ancient style and mix it a little bit of the modern times. I met her once since I arrived. She was a little bossy and her english was not the best, but her assistance helped us communicate when we struggle.

"Heda" I greet her stepping into her atelier. She stood in front of a mannequin who had on the dress that was going to be used for our commercial. "You have exceeded yourself Heda, this dress is beautiful." I tell her admiring the dress. The dress was made with a fabric that imitated a chain armour. It was light silver and it contrasted beautifully with the golden touches of its belt, shoulders, and hand pieces. It looked royal and yet sexy and feminine at the same time. I loved it.

"Not ready" she responds placing some needles on the dress hem. "Need girl. Where is girl?" she asks with her tick accent.

"She can't make it. It there a way to finish the alterations to the dress without her?" I ask hopeful

She shakes her head not even considering.

"Need girl." she insists.

"Well she can't be here. Can someone else fill in for the final changes?"

Her assistant Nayla helps her translate, since she didn't appeared to have understood me completely. She takes a moment and analyses me with a stern look. I see her eyes run over my body and for a moment I wondered why she was checking me out. I didn't understand her stern gazing until she opened her mouth again.

"You'll do. Strip." she commands putting on her glasses that hanged around her neck.

"Excuse me?" I ask not fully processing. Is she asking me to strip?

"You have similar body." she says coming closer to me and invading my space, her hands start feeling up my body, presumably taking in my measurements. "Same height, breast size is not same, but very close. You will do."

I laugh nervously. Yeah, I'm not going to do that. I'm running the commercial, not playing mannequin. And I tell her exactly that.

"You want dress ready? You strip. You want delay, you wait for tomorrow." she answers as if she wasn't bothered by either answer. But the witch was right. The dress had to be ready today, or else we will fall behind and waist precious time. I look at Olivia for support, I can see an amused smile on her lips. She was obviously not going to help me then.