07 || Cairo

Year 2020
P.S.: Let's pretend the coronavirus never happened.

I greet Brenna in the reception as I pass by her. She was busy on the phone but she waves in my direction shooting me a smile.

I check my email as I wait for the elevator to take me to the top floor. I had to make sure everything was ready for when we get to Cairo. Shooting the commercial could take up to a week, not to mention setting the stage and making sure the actors hired had everything they needed, then there were the costumes, the equipment, the director. All tiny pieces that together would make our brand new perfume a bestselling product for the company.

I've been the Head of Marketing and Publicity for Adore for two years now, and this was my first big international campaign since I've been promoted. Of course it doesn't help that I have my father, the CEO of Adore, breathing down my neck constantly, making comments about everything I do. But I know he only means well. I am glad he is always willing to assist me in everything I do, but I wanted to prove to myself and to him, that I could do it.

Of all his 9 daughters, only me and Anya, the oldest were ever interested in working in the family business. Anya was six years older than me and already she made it to Vice-President of the company. Father is already grooming her to take over the company. His dream was to have all his nine daughters working in the family business, but so far he has only managed to persuade two, but he still has hope that my little sisters who were still in high school would want to come to work for the company. Charlie is already showing interest, so there might be a chance one more of us to follow in our father's footsteps in the company.

Speaking of the devil, I had an early meeting with him, before I my trip to Cairo.

I knock on his door passing by his secretary who shot me an amused look. Oh yes, she was well aware of how me and my father have a habit of butting heads with one another. I blame it on our similar personalities. We were both too stubborn and refused to wield down. Great for business, not so much for family.

I step inside when he gives the okay, closing the door behind me.

I take a moment to take in my father. He was a handsome man in his 60's. Already in his fourth marriage, with three divorces behind him, he clearly did not have trouble in the women department. He was very smart though, a shark when it came to business deals, that is what makes him one of the best CEO's in the world, and one of the richest.

"Good morning father." I greet him sitting on the chair in front of his desk.

"Adalyn." he greets unbuttoning his suit and sitting down.

"I'll be leaving for Cairo today." I remind him, taking out some papers from my briefcase, and handing them over to him. "I'll need you to sign this before I go."

"What is it?" he asks as he signs them.

"A declaration telling me you will leave everything in your will to me." I joke

He pauses for a quick second.

"Very funny" he answers handing the papers over to me.

"It's your fault for not taking the time to read them. Not very wise for a CEO..." I tease him putting the papers away.

"How rude of me, I apologize for trusting my daughter." he says leaning back in his chair. "How long will you be gone?"

"According to the schedule? One week. So most likely two weeks."

He smiles pleased.

"Of all my daughters you were always the one who understood the business better." he says proud "Are you sure you do not wish to take over the company?"