7.

olive walked in the common room and they were the first thing she saw,

one beside the other, reading,

being the closest and the furthest they had ever been.

she found herself being jealous of how natural this sight was,

like the world was created just for them to sit near one, just like that, another reading.

she knew she could never look good enough near tom.

she wasn't a fool.

she knew the only thing on the boy's mind was power and that he could do anything to achieve it.

she knew that his lust for her was nothing compared to his lust for dark magic and destruction.

tom riddle would let the world burn just to prove to himself that he can.

still, she couldn't think of a single way to escape the trap she had fallen into.

if tom riddle wanted to be the end of her, let him be.

but seeing him there, with meredith, and this comfortable silence hanging around them like an invisible cloak, she got jealous.

she was always there for him, kissing his lips, opening her legs, moaning his name, obeying him in every way she could.

she didn't ask for his love, she didn't even ask for his respect, she just demanded his undivided attention.

in their moments together, she wanted his undivided attention.

no dark magic, no plans for power, only his magic touch all around her.

she found her way to them.

tom.

meredith noticed the way his name fell out of her lips like a prayer, like his name was something holy.

he's too dark to be holy, too dangerous to be worshipped.

like a god.

tom didn't take his eyes off his book.

talk, olive.

she grabbed his hands, attempting to lift him on his feet, away from the mysterious, quiet girl and seemed to have captivated his attention, the attention that was dedicated to her and only her.

let's get out of here.

her voice was desperate in a way it had never been before, she wanted to erase the perfect sight of the two of them off her mind but somehow the image found its way back and olive almost found herself admiring how right it looked for them to sit beside each other.

the dark boy and the mysterious girl.

tom pulled his hands away and his eyes met hers,

they didn't look angry but there was a hidden threat inside them, and olive found herself shivering and not in a pleasant way.

i'm not interested in following you, i'm afraid you must leave on your own.

the girl frowned.

but tom-

later.

his voice was soft but it was still an order she had to follow.

she didn't fail to notice how concentrated meredith was on her book, she didn't even take her eyes off it during their whole conversation,

but olive knew she was paying attention.

and while she was leaving, she found herself comparing tom with meredith, coming to the terrifying conclusion that their main difference was the colour of their eyes.

and olive knew that a girl like tom would be twice as dangerous.

the world wasn't safe anymore.

the world was created by two people and could only be destroyed by two.