18.

do you really hate them that much?

she asked one day out of the blue.

they were outside, sitting under a tree in the middle of the forest, always wanting to be far away from the others, books on their laps and silence between them because they may touch each other's bodies every night but some boundaries must remain untouched.

i'm afraid i have no idea what do you mean.

he answered, careful not to give her a question, careful not to give her an answer either, just careful not to let her too close, not to give her too much power.

muggles. muggleborns. everyone.

tom froze and time froze but life didn't, life continued like she hadn't just discovered his secret, like it wasn't a big of a deal she knew, even though the dynamics were always different, tom knew and meredith just asked questions without really getting any answers.

i'm curious how you could have come to a conclusion like that.

still careful not to give much away, still careful not to care that much.

i am not blind tom. but unlike other people, i'm a very observant too. i know you don't have friends. the purebloods surrounding you are not your friends. they are followers, they are your pawns. and since i couldn't get anything from you, i started observing them.

tom was still quiet, always looking her in the eyes, daring her to stop, to not say much, to keep their boundaries untouched -it would be a shame to have to kill her after the secret's out and a terrible waste of time and potential- and tom was always careful about time and potential.

malfoy comes from a family with money and power and just like you, he likes his hands clean and white, but sometimes if you look close enough you can see the venom in the corner of his mouth after saying something to a muggleborn, a whispered mudblood, a curse, a threat and you realise that his blond hair and blue eyes don't make him an angel, no they make him dangerous because he is just like you tom, his beauty makes him appear innocent.

she didn't stop. the boundaries were crossed. the end was near.

i know i said that malfoy is just like you but i lied, you are born a leader and he is born a follower, he needs big ideas and plans and power to hide behind but you don't, you created them from nothing.

tom was silent, his hand slowly touching his wand, wondering if it could be clever to hex her into oblivion once she stops and the secret is finally unraveled and alive between the two of them.

and then i saw avery and nott and rosier and lestrange being cruel to everyone they considered below them, cursing them, insulting them, saying something about a limited time until things change. something about a dark lord and power.

she moved closer because the boundaries were no longer there and she knew his secret, the distance between them was just an illusion.

i know you are the dark lord tom, and i know you want to burn the world down just to created again and rule it.

the wind stopped. everything went quiet. tom let out a small breath. he wrapped his hand around his wand.

the secret was out.

the killing curse died on his lips.

•••

hey!
i hope you're all fine and safe.
I just wanted to ask you if you would be interested in a wolfstar fic, kinda poetic like this one but not that much angsty but still maybe a little?
i have an idea about one and i wanted your opinion on that.
hope you liked the chapter <3

until next time,
con xoxo