23.

god is an illusion and all souls go to hell.

there is no devil. all villains in our story already exist inside us, in the form of a sin or a dream or a fear.

meredith has seen hell, has been into it, loved it even.

heaven was always something she never cared enough to look for.

a place where pain doesn't exist?

what cruel creature would long for this kind of place?

meredith doesn't believe in heaven because she has her own personal hell inside her bones.

but still, every time oscar kissed her she knew.

heaven has a taste and that's it.

it was never like that with tom. his kiss tasted like chaos and pain and intellect and she was drowning in it.

meredith plants her lies in her eyes and uses her tears to water them.

tom riddle puts them inside his mouth and kisses her with them.

she had kissed every single one of those lies. she had kissed all the curses and the big words and ideas that came out of his mouth. she had kissed the venom and the hatred and the anger and the fake politeness and every last drop of diplomacy he had.

they tasted fine on her tongue. they burned like a secret and she loved it.

it was a moment like all the rest.

two broken people, with pieces missing and hearts shattered,

one of them feeling powerful because of his broken edges

and the other feeling powerless because she got cut,

two broken people together and still they didn't make a whole.

whole people exist in heaven.

in hell they are just fractures of what they used to be or what they could have been.

people in hell are glued like a picasso painting. pieces in wrong places and shapes that look like faces but they're not.

tom was beautiful and meredith was shapeless.

that made tom dangerous and meredith dead.

irony was present in every moment in her life like a ghost from the past,

regretful and persistent and always with a fucking wicked smile on.

they were kissing so passionately and she was too busy dying to realise that his hands danced their way around her neck.

he choked her and all of a sudden she could fucking breathe.

the lack of air made her alive.

the irony wasn't lost just yet.

she smiled at him.

what's your plan, tom riddle? kiss the girls and make them die?

he smirked.

no, not really, more like make the girls come and then kill them.

they kissed.

sometimes i feel like you're not destroying the world fast enough and i worry that i'll die old.

why would you even let something like death touch you at all?

a question and a fear, an agony. meredith is tired.

because i believe in other halves. if i only get to experience life, life is half and death is missing. i am half and in the end i die of boredom. are you afraid of death, tom riddle?

no. i do not fear death. i despise its existence. i am smart enough to conquer death and i will do it.

she laughed.

you can't fool death, tom riddle. you can't turn a circle into a straight line. you can turn it into a curve, you can delay the touch of the two ends, but eventually, they will meet and there's nothing you can do about it.

a prophecy.

tom was given two prophecies during his life.

and he read them both wrong.

tom riddle's life and death were always a matter of prophecies.

god is an illusion and all souls go to hell.

god is an illusion and tom riddle wanted to be a god, so he became an illusion too.

•••

hello!
one more chapter, then an epilogue and that's it.
i also uploaded a wolfstar fanfic.

it's called "how time tastes"

it's kinda poetic and it presents the marauders throughout the years while having remus as the main protagonist. the writing will be similar to this book. it's canon compliant so keep that in mind. there will be slow updates because every chapter covers a whole year and they will be very long. the descriptions will be more about poetry and feelings than actually describing their life in a classic fanfic way. i hope this makes sense!

check it out if you want and leave a comment if you like it <3

all the love, con