Ch. Ten | Happy (early) Birthday

[E: ✔]

That night Louis was out of his house, getting a few things for tomorrow. After telling the principal about Amy, he still felt upset about the fact someone could even be so cruel. He was currently at Walmart, looking for some cupcakes. He looked over the ones they had until he found a container of some he liked. They were medium-sized, a pack of twelve. Vanilla with red frosting. They were a decent price, only six and a half pounds. So, he picked them up and he looked for a salesperson. He stood there for a few minutes until someone finally walked up to him. "Hello, sir," he smiled at Louis, who kindly smiled back. He set the box on the counter and watched the man scan it, telling Louis the price. "Special occasion," the man asked. Louis smiled, nodding, a light blush across his cheeks. "Birthday," he smiled wider, "Christmas, Eve, actually," he took the change from the guy, who wished him a happy birthday. The blue-eyed lad then made his way out of the store and towards his car. He set the cake on the passenger seat and buckled up, starting his car and driving home.

When he got home it was around seven, so he decided he should just relax for a bit and cook him some dinner. He made himself pasta (one of the few things he could make well) and watched some television. He had also made himself some tea. He had put the cake in the fridge. It wasn't exactly necessary but he put most things in the fridge anyway. After finishing his dinner, he went upstairs and took a warm shower, humming a tune he heard on the radio. He dried off and walked out and into the hall, wearing just some sweatpants, like he usually does for bed. He walked into his room and shut the door, walking over to his bed and sitting under the sheets. He checked his phone, seeing he had one notification from his Messenger app. He forgot he even had that downloaded, it had been so long since he last used it. He was confused for a moment before his eyes lit up. Was it from Adam? He hadn't checked his phone since leaving the school. He unlocked his phone and clicked the notification. It was from Adam, making the man's stomach flip.

Adam

Louis! It's been ages since I heard from you. How's college, how's everything going?

Louis smiled widely and typed something back.'

Great, thanks! I actually graduated college a while back, now I've finally got a real job, haha. I teach a lovely drama class.

How are you?

The two texted back and forth for a while, both seeming to lose track of time. Louis glanced at the time, seeing it was half past ten. He texted Adam a goodbye and then shut his phone off, plugging it into his charger and laying down and turning off his bedside table lamp. He smiled as he fell asleep, because maybe Adam would give him someone to really talk to now. Maybe, just maybe. At least he hoped for it.

Harry had been on the phone with Zayn for a while, listening to Zayn banter and go on about this girl he fancied from his maths class. Her name was Gigi, and according to Zayn, she was the prettiest person on the face of the Earth. Harry rolled his eyes, but still smiled at how Zayn repeated himself gushing over this girl. The green-eyed boy yawned, getting more and more tired. He didn't mind talking to his friends for hours at a time, however it was nearing eleven, and Harry wanted to get some sleep tonight. "Hey, Zayn," Harry interrupted his friend. Zayn hummed in response. "It's getting late, you mind finishing your spoken essay with me tomorrow?"

"Sod off, Haz," Zayn scoffed, chuckling a bit. "That's exactly what I'm trying to do, yeah," Harry giggled. "Right, night Harry, see you tomorrow. Then it's break!"

"Yes, I'm aware. And this time, if Niall calls you up, don't bother attempting to wake me up at ungodly hours in the morning."

"I'd slap him senseless."