9 - Cinderella

---

Pandora's POV

I couldn't believe it. As the journey drew to a close, the coach beginning to slow, I found myself ensnared by the sights. The city was a jungle, wild with life and energy. Its buoyant and bright open plan gave it something heavenly, and I ran my eyes over the structures - insatiable. Balanced perfectly between mother and manmade, I found it close in resemblance to the first garden. Every material finding its equal in nature, I didn't find it as stifling as I expected to. 

Beautiful mountains graced the horizon, with skyscrapers hanging like diamonds in their midst. All natural toned, the infrastructure melted seamlessly into the landscape. With rivers and lakes sleeping between the islands, I inhaled the sweet water smell. The palace itself was situated in the centre of it all, with several rings of islands and bodies of water surrounding it. Bridge by bridge, we crept closer to its grandeur, and I felt consumed.

I had never seen anything like it. Waterfalls flowed from its walls and vines consumed the stone. Surrendered to the Earth, the palace stood supported on her foundations, seemingly thrusted up by Her own hand. Emerging from the dust like the mountains themselves, the huge peak of warm stone graced the skies. An intricate rise of steps lead to the beating heart of the continent, and I gulped hard at the sight of them.

The girls surrounding me, squeaking in excitement, distracted me momentarily before Andromeda snatched back my focus. Now absolutely enraged, she yanked at my consciousness in reckless abandon. Groaning, I clutched my head with a sigh.

It's show time, Andy. There's nowhere to go but forward.

Grumbling, she noted the truth in my words. We had to keep moving. With a huff, she withdrew from me, giving me room, finally, to breathe in peace. A brush against my arm had me jumping slightly, but I quickly calmed myself. Bisa's face screwed in question but her own excitement had her ironing it out in a flash.

"Come on! It's time to go." She whispered, gesturing towards the line of girls rushing out of the coach.

I nodded, complacently and fixed my nerves with a sigh. Forward.

The second my bare feet touched the Earth, I felt a zap of lightning strike me. It forced itself from my feet, up my body and into my head, sending Andromeda into a frenzy. Every sense I had raced to reach full speed, and I struggled to contain myself. A deep inhale had me sifting through every scent, searching for something unknown.

Suddenly invigorated, I felt energy pool into my body, seeping into my weak bones. Rolling my neck, I moaned, relaxing into the feeling. 

I had always had an attachment to the soil, but this was nothing like I'd ever experienced. It was almost like Gaia Herself had reached through the ground to touch my heart. Fizzing and bubbling with a new spirit, I found myself growing excited. Bisa watched me perplexed but laughed it off with me, glad for my better mood. 

Looping my arm in hers, we walked together, taking in the scene in all its majesty. We were met by some more officials that lead us to some shared lodgings in the Capital, after our tour of the palace. Our itinerary had been detailed with exact timings we had to strictly stick to but since we had left so early, we had quite a lot of the day still to waste. Bisa and I headed into the city and explored its hidden treasures, photographing as much as we could in our minds. Lunch had been essential and I was more than glad I'd insisted on it before we went shopping. Bisa was a monster. Curtesy of the crown, we were each gifted some Daenerys, with which we could buy whatever our hearts desired. And boy did Bisa desire.