[17] "I'm working on changing."

Because I love and appreciate you guys!

-

[17] "I'm working on changing."

Sammie let London drag him upstairs to his room. He could've stopped her if he wanted to but he didn't want to disrespect London. She was trying to help the situation. He looked back towards the living room and saw Nevaeh drag Teddy away as well, leaving Desiree alone on the couch.

When they made it to his room, he punched a wall in frustration. A family portrait dropped and shattered on the hard wood floor.

"Stop Sammie!" London shouted. She walked over and picked the picture up. Cracks in the glass covered everyone's faces. "Stop before you break your hand."

Too late. He flexed his hand and felt the pain penetrating through his bones. He didn't respond. He wasn't thinking about the consequences as he stared at the deformity in the wall. The only thing running through his mind was seeing his cousin fond over a girl he liked.

London placed the picture on his dresser and went to his side. She placed a confronting hand on his shoulder. "You wanna talk about it?"

Not really. He struggled with conveying his feelings'; being mushy just wasn't his thing. Looking at London, he knew she wouldn't take no for an answer. She was a determined little person. "Did that ish really happen?"

The sound of her laughter radiated throughout his room. "You mean the fact that you and Teddy were arguing over some girl you barely know?"

He nodded his head.

"Then yes, that really happened," she confirmed. "Who is she? I haven't seen her before."

He smiled when the image of innocent Desiree crossed his mind. She always seemed out of place. Even tonight with the scandalous outfit she was wearing she didn't look right. He preferred her in white buttoned up shirts and pleaded skirts. "Desiree. She's the new girl."

"Is she worth ruining your relationship with Teddy?"

"No," he responded quickly. He wouldn't trade his cousin for a girl he just met. He just didn't want his cousin to have her.

Sammie walked over to his bedroom window and observed everyone in his backyard enjoying the party. A party he wanted to cancel. He only had a few good friends and considered the rest links. There were too many people at his house. Too many he didn't know, a clear sign that the party was getting out of control.

"Have you guys ever liked the same girl before?" London asked, digging for information.

She interrupted his thoughts. He turned around. His eyes sparkled mischievously under his shades. "We liked you at the same time but you only like white boys."

It was a typical Sammie response.

London rolled her eyes. "I like boys named Christopher."

A smile adorned his face. "So when I change my name to Christopher, we can live happily ever after."

London shook her head from side to side. Her normally curly hair was straightened and flowing down her back. She was a beautiful girl and Chris was blessed to have her. "No."

"See, you're about that b*llshit."

"You don't want me. You want the other girl downstairs."

He snorted. "So does my cousin."

All of a sudden his head started pounding. Sammie went and sat down on his bed. He took the shades and hat off and leaned back against the pillows. He needed to deal with Desiree and then Nevaeh. Since he left her house this morning, he made it a mission to avoid her. From the look on her face he knew she wasn't happy about it.