Chapter 7: Run!

Victor's P.O.V:

An hour before 7:45 pm I'd go into the forest. The unsettling urge was beginning to form. I knew for a fact that I wouldn't be able to control it this time. Angel would suffer and I couldn't bring myself to care. The thought of him crying out as I'd leave beautiful scars along his skin as the blood would flow down his arms made me smile.
For the next hour, I'd plan out his awaiting trial. I would have him running until I'd be satisfied. By then he'd be too tired and then I'd strike. Brutal torture has always been my specialty. All that was left to do was wait and to wait I shall.
...
Angel's P.O.V:

Fear. Fear is something that I'd learned how to deal with since adolescence. The fear of dying so many times from either almost being killed by my classmates to the fear of almost dying because of my illness. Illness? Yes, illness. I have a grade 2 brain tumor that sometimes causes me to have episode outbreaks of seizures. For some odd reason I previously had one except the other was a grade 1 tumor and it was easily removed with surgery, however, another appeared. This one is a little more complex than the other.

The grade 2 tumor that I have can be removed although if I do get treatment the risk of it coming back stronger is very high. The doctor had said that even if the tumor itself continues to grow at a medium rate the chances of me living through another surgery will dim my life expectancy.

I have exactly 8 months to live. Which brings us back to now. You must be wondering why the actual hell I've decided to pressure victor into be friends with me. Well, I can answer that question easily: He's the first person that I saw that I knew would consider me to have a huge impact on him and within his life in general. You may think of me as a selfish human being for wanting me to torture a helpless broken boy with my soon awaiting fate, but I want to know that I died having someone that I knew for a fact thought of me as something more than just a memory or another name. I knew that Victor would be perfect. I wanted to be with someone who I knew would treasure my very existence and presence even without knowing my fate. And all of those things that I wanted were connected to this very boy that makes me question my sanity. My soon lion to be a best friend.

...

My eyes shifted around trying to find my awaited starved lion. The anticipation was almost unbearable. My pulse quickened as I could feel my very hands start to shake. My breathing slowly became uneven as my lips began to quiver. Was this his goal? To make me fear his very presence? Was this what he wanted? Did he want to make me his prey? Victor was right. I stepped into his lair and whether or not I get out of it depends on me. And with that, I could hear faint footsteps becoming closer and louder. They were slow, creating a cold chilling effect as a shiver ran through me.
Before I could process anything more, there stood Victor six feet apart from where I stood.
He smiled. No, not a pleasant one. It was a smile that held the darkest of desires that held no warmth.

That smile had no room for warmth.

"The task is...simple." He chuckled darkly at my expression before speaking once more. "Run and hide well or else I'll find you, beat you, and scar you."

"To sum everything up, if I find you I'll torture you, got it? Good. Your time starts...now!"

As soon as I heard him say now  I ran as fast as my feet could take me without running into any branches sticking out. I fell a couple of times so in the end I'd end up limping trying to run. I could hear victor laughing like a complete maniac behind me as he said bitter nothings. I could hear him asking rhetorical questions to himself like: "Come out, come out wherever you are my little bunny! Are you...here?!?" He shouted into the other hiding spot he thought I may be at. The spot that I found was similar to the spot Lennie and George found in the book called Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck.
It was cold in the forest waters. Luckily there were no leeches within these waters, which was a nice thing. I had to keep as quiet and as still as I could manage. I knew that the menacing look within Victor's eyes wasn't just for show. I knew he could still kill me in his very state but for some reason, the look in his eyes held a small piece of him trying to fight it.

I could feel my body start shaking because of the cold after several minutes as the new cuts on my face and bruises became more evident to me. I hadn't realized I had so many cuts from the branches scraping against my skin. Especially when I fell and skinned my knees a few times. Although I hadn't realized the aching of my body until I found a spot to hide.

But even now in my "safe" spot, I knew it wouldn't last.

And just like that, my mind went blank as my body tensed. The water now starting to feel colder as I could feel my pace of breathing falter, betraying me.

I froze. Victor's breath fanned against the small crook of my neck that managed to be shown through my high-thick turtleneck. I couldn't move. My body wouldn't function and I could feel myself break into a sweat as I heard him whisper the very words that shook me to my core.

"I found you, my little bunny."