Chapter 2: Nice? Never.

NF ~ Leave Me Alone (Song above)
...

Waking up to the sound of the birds chirping happily made my stomach turn. Sure I understood the definition of happy. But if I said I knew the actual feeling of happiness then I'd be lying and I hate people who lie.

Once again I would've done my usual routine except today is Saturday.

On Saturdays, I can sleep in until 6:34 am. If I'm not up by that time then I cannot eat and today I feel weak.

After I was done with getting dressed I heard the door unlock. Even though the door was unlocked, I knew better than to go out too quickly. I'd learn from a very early age that it would be hell to do so.

Instead, I waited until I heard my Pa's car drive off, and then I'd go out and eat (First wash up though.)
I had two whole days to myself since pa wouldn't be back until Monday. At least I won't have to deal with my episodes until he comes home.

...
After cooking, eating, and cleaning the house a bit I decided to just go back to my room and write since I had absolutely nothing else to do.

As I finished my last journal entry I heard a moving truck park outside the house across from mine. I wasn't going to watch the scene unfold since I had no interest, but something or someone made me halt in my direction.

I slowly turned my attention towards the window once more and saw what I thought was my imagination was actually my reality.
He looked younger than me and I could tell he loved books judging by the way he grabbed that specific crate first.
Interesting. Amusing almost. What a great surprise. And just then our eyes locked. My dead ones with his live ones held contact for a moment.

Within that moment he looked slightly frightened when his eyes met mine and wanted to step back until he shook his head. He looked lost in his thoughts. It was almost as if he was debating what to do next.

In the end, it seemed like he finally settled on waving at me.

I chuckled softly with a slight grin going unnoticed. I gave him a slight nod. He looked up at me curiously.
I wouldn't leave him enough time to analyze me as I had already turned my back towards him and walked away from the window. I saw no point. He's too innocent, too alive, and too friendly. Me and that don't mix.

Empty, empty, empty. Bitter, bitter, bitter. Mental, mental, mental. Dead, dead, dead.

These are all the things I'll ever be. You can't force me to feel things that I can't.

...
Sometime later I'd hear a soft knock on the door. Originally I wasn't gonna answer it, but I decided to be nice and open it.

Won't you look that? It was the new boy on the block. If you thought I'd be kind and ask how I could help him or some shit like that, then you'd be wrong. Oh, so wrong indeed.
I said I felt nice enough to answer, not be friendly.
I opened the door only to be silent as I looked at him with my emotionless eyes that I couldn't control and just stared.

He looked uncomfortable. Did I care? Not exactly. But the more I looked into his eyes, the more I wanted to ruin him. Little did I know he was already ruined and broken just like me.

"H-hi, my n-name is Angel. Mi Familia and I just moved across the street," he paused as he looked down at his shoes before he continued.

"We were just wondering if you'd like to come over for dinner tonight. We're hoping to get to know our neighbors better."

That was it? I thought.

"Look, I appreciate the offer, but I'm not exactly the type of person you'd like to know."

He looked shocked for a moment before he recomposed himself.

"May I ask why?" His tone was unsure at this point

I was enjoying every second of this. My game is fun.

"Angel, look me in the eyes and tell me that you still want to get to know me." My words were just as provoking as my eyes were daring.
He looked me in the eyes.
Not even a full minute and I laughed, shaking my head.

"Don't start a game you can't finish." I laughed once more as his eyes widened.
I then turned my back towards him and was about to step inside the house, but I felt a light hand on my arm.
This movement was shocking. I tensed up at the foreign feeling.

"Can I at least know your name?" He looked at me with the widest of eyes that were as innocent as can be.

I sighed.

"Víctor," I said almost inaudibly.

"What?"

I sighed once more.

"Víctor..., my name is Víctor."

And with that I turned my back on him once more and went inside the house, leaving a very nervous boy outside.