A few months pass, it's now about to be spring, winter running away at such a slow pace.

Over time, me and Tim have grown closer to each other, we hang out in the tunnel frequently and reminisce about our lives. I even began to gain feelings for the 18-year-old dark-haired male.

He is funny, kind and a great listener, not to mention that he is shockingly very attractive. I refused to let him know, fearing he wouldn't feel the same.

I recently found out that his friends Jay, and Alex died in a car accident, him being the only survivor, was left to dwell and constantly return to the places they visited. Seth couldn't bare losing two of his friends so he left town, Tim hasn't heard from him in years. Brian still keeps in contact with him through all of these years. He let me know that they were creating a small movie but had to cut it short because of Alex becoming unstable.

I never pried him, trying to get answers or trying to get him to tell me more. I know Tim still needs time to figure it out on his own without someone yapping in his ear. I respect that, and I respect his privacy.
----

Currently, we are both relaxing in the tunnel. I brought my old rug so I had something to lay on and it just brought the large tunnel together in a way, it didn't look so much like a random place in the woods anymore. Tim mentioned that we should bring a large generator out and some small lights and a TV.

After setting that up it actually looked great. I had managed to tape the lights to the inside of the concrete with the help of a step ladder. Tim brought in the tv and generator and we got things going. The tunnel looked much better. It almost felt like a home away from home.

"Hey y/n?" Tim loomed over me, looking down at me, his hands behind his back.

"Yeah?" Sitting up, he sat and placed a small box in front of me, "what's this?"

"Well" he looked to his left, away from me. " you forgot didn't you"

"Forgot what?"

"Your..birthday?" He looked at me confused "oh shit you actually forgot" he then looked at me surprised.

"Oh, I guess that is today Haha. The big 18"

I glance at him then at the box.
"Open it" he lets out a soft chuckle and pushes the box across the rug, it now touching my knee.

I unfold the wrapping paper, being careful with it, revealing a small wooden box painted black. Lifting it and noticed it has a small lock on it but no key. "Wha-"

Tim cuts me off, placing a small key with a tiny almost unnoticeable heart carved into it. I try to put the key into the lock but Tim takes it out before I had a chance to open it. " you can't open it yet"

"What? Why?" I look at him confused, trying to grab the key back. Failing miserably nearly face-planting onto the rug.

" you're gonna have to wait one year to open this box." He looks at me with a sly grin and stashes the key away in his tan coat pocket.

"But then what was the point of this then" I whine, pulling my best pouty face, not noticing him moving a touch closer to me. I look at him with curiosity.

"Oh uh. That wasn't the present" he chuckles softly gazing into my eyes.

"I don't get it" I tilt my head slightly moving so I'm now sitting on my legs other than sitting criss-cross on the rug. Shifting my gaze to meet his, I don't notice the light blush displayed on his cheeks.

"Y/n.." He lets a smile ghost his features as he catches my attention "listen, we have known each other for a good amount of time and I just-"

he pauses his face scrunching into a conflicted look. "Fuck, I gotta go" he mumbles.

----

He stands, an apologetic look on his features, "sorry y/n, I'll see you later"

I tell him that it's alright and he makes his way towards the exit to the tunnel, waving and trotting off towards the woods.

I wave back and make my way back home, dreading what's going to come from my mother's wrath.