✩ twenty ✩

'look, john b, are you sure about this?'

'woah woah woah, for starters, what are we doing here?' jj asked, referring to the police station.

'somebody's gotta tell them what happened.' john b said.

'well yea, i mean it's not like ward and rafe are gonna tell shoupe shit, and ward probably has sarah locked up somewhere so she can't-'

ivy was cut off by pope coughing and wheezing, the blunt in his hand freshly lit by jj.

'easy there chief. damn.' jj said, he then leaned forward and put his hand on john b's shoulder, 'all right. i'm just gonna be real with you right now. you might end up in the lions den, but you don't go there on purpose. it's fundamental. just like my old man always told me, you should never ever trust cops, no matter what the circumstance is.'

'your old mans an abusive liar.' kie said.

'i agree with jj. fuck the police.' pope scoffed.

'what are you going to the dark side now?' kie said.

'when's the last time the police ever helped up?' pope asked.

'peterkin looked out for us, all right? tried to, at least. they need to know.' john b said.

'she has been, ever since dad went missing, and if it weren't for her, we would be long gone by now, probably in separate foster homes too.' ivy added.

now that it was silent, ivy turned and looked at john b, placing her hand on his shoulder, 'be careful, all right?'

'i will.' john b nodded, slowly opening up the car door and getting out.

ivy then turned back around in the passenger seat, lightly running her fingers through her hair and letting out a long sigh.

for the next two or three minutes, the only sound in the car was everyone's breathing, and occasionally, pope coughing again due to the weed.

the silence was then broken when john b's loud yells were heard.

'kie, start the car! start the car kie! the cops! go!

'john b what did you do?' kie yelled.

'drive kie!' ivy screamed.

'go!' jj yelled.

'what the hell man?' pope yelled.

'i'm going! i'm sorry!' kie yelled.

one of the officers had latched onto the door of kie's car, 'stop the car! right now!'

'what did you do?' kie yelled.

'open it.' pope suggested.

'look nows not the time for questions!' ivy yelled back.

john b pushed open the door, causing the officer to get thrown to the ground, still yelling after them.

ivy whipped around in her seat and looked at john b, 'holy shit, you hurt?'

john b vigorously shook his head back and forth, a look of shock and fear staining his eyes.

ivy turned back around, sinking down into the seat, 'where the hell are we gonna go now. we cant go home, no way.'

'we're just gonna have to stay in here for tonight, i-i'll find somewhere to hide us, and we'll sleep in here for the night.' kie said.

————————————————————————
'good news for residents of the outer banks. dominion power says their underwater transmission line, which will restore power to 90% of the area should be functional within 24 hours.'