✩ eighteen ✩

'john b pullin a houdini.' jj said, sitting on the edge of the hot tub, moving around all the items in there from the night before.

'yea where is he, i got my scholarship interview tomorrow. we gotta get this done.' pope said.

ivy's face lit up the moment she saw her brother, 'hey jb.' she smiled.

'speak of the devil, hey!' jj said.

john b ignored both ivy and jj, and continued walking towards the chateau.

'dude i set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything.' jj smiled.

'no he did not. i did that.' pope yelled.

'hey john b!' kie said.

'hey!' pope said.

'so that's it?' jj asked.

'no, guys, something's not right.' ivy said. she quickly jumped off the branch she was sitting on and ran into the chateau.

pope, kie, and jj watched ivy chase john b into the chateau, 'uh, what was that all about?' pope asked.

'i was gonna ask you the same question.' jj said.

everyone slowly made their way into the chateau, watching as ivy continuously tried to get john b's attention.

'dude what happened?' she asked. 'john b answer me!'

'you all right man? what- what's up?' pope asked.

'what are you looking for?' kie asked.

'bro what's going on man?' jj asked.

john b picked up the mattress on the pullout couch and dug underneath it, pulling out the gun.

'john b what do you need the gun for?' ivy asked, practically screaming at this point.

'dude talk to us!' jj yelled, standing in front of john b, only to get thrown onto the bed.

'john b!' ivy yelled.

'john b chill! what are you doing!' kie yelled.

'what are you jj now?' pope asked. he stood in front of john b and got pushed against the table.

ivy ran and stood right in front of the doorway. john b the. stopped for a second and stared at her, 'move ivy.'

'not until you tell me what the fuck happened!' ivy growled.

there was a short silence between the two of them, finally broken when he pushed her into the doorway.

'son of a bitch!' ivy yelled. 'john b!'

john b jumped on jj's bike and revved the engine, 'john b!' kie yelled. everyone else came out the door, jj resting his hand on ivy's shoulder, 'you ok?' he asked.

'i'm fine.' ivy said. she ran towards him, stopping in front of him on the bike. 'john b what the hell happened!'

'ward knows about the gold.' john b looked directly at ivy with a hurt look on his face, 'he killed dad.'

john b then took off on jj's bike, ivy immediately chasing after him through the grass, after finally making it out to the road, she slowly dropped to the ground.

'shit, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, ivy!' jj yelled, running to her, latching his arms around her before she could hit the ground.

'no. no. no. no.' ivy cried.

jj sat on his knees holding ivy in his lap, one arm wrapped around her, and the other on the back of her head.

'it's gonna be ok, i've got you.' jj said, rocking the girl back and forth while she continued to cry.