✩ six ✩

'look, for nine months, everybody's tried to get us to believe our dad's dead. they say we're in denial. whatever. denial's underrated. you should try it sometime. it's highly effective, and it's only denial if you're wrong. it doesn't make any sense. my dad is the last guy who would ever get lost at see. this compass coming back to ivy and i, our father's compass, which was passed down for generations, it's a sign. our dad's still alive, and we're gonna find him.

————————————————————————

ivy woke up to a loud bang at the front door.

'dcs! i know you're in there!'

ivy quickly walked out to where john b was sleeping on the pullout couch, just in time to see jj jumping in front of the window, scaring the shit out of john b.

ivy started laughing along with jj at the sight of john b.

'gotcha slick.' jj laughed. 'you should've seen your face. you're face was like... it was like... oh my god i can't breathe.' jj began laughing hysterically, falling onto the porch.

'holy shit, that was hilarious.' ivy wheezed.

'yea yea, come on you two, we're going for a drive.' john b smiled.

————————————————————————

'i'm just saying, like, i don't under why you don't at least just try with kiara. she clearly likes you. she's like, oh john b.' jj moaned, making ivy laugh.

'is that what she does?' john b asked.

'she's sketching about you diving, then she kissed you bro.' jj said.

'she kissed me on the cheek. it's not like we're making out!' john b sighed.

'low hanging fruit bro! don't pretend that you don't notice! i can see it in your eyes. you're like, i kinda like that, and you start blushing and shit.' jj continued.

'i blush?' john b asked.

'uhm, yes, yes you do.' ivy said.

'exactly, thank you!' jj smiled.

'really?' john b asked.

'yea.' ivy and jj said.

jj reached forward and pulled the compass off the dashboard, 'hey, don't-' john b growled.

'i was just looking at it.' jj said.

'just be careful with it, please.' ivy sighed.

'i will, but i gotta admit, your father's compass in scooter's boat, that's freaky.' jj held the compass in his hands, looking at every inch of it.

'yea, and that's why we're going to talk to miss lana, figure this whole thing out.' john b said.

'i'm sure she would just love to talk to us. it's not like her husband just drowned or anything.' jj said.

'and that's why just john b and i are going to talk to her, you're staying in the van.' ivy said.

'what? why!' jj whined.