✩ four ✩

'well that was fun, could've warned us a little sooner.' jj smiled.

'we would've, except pope was on the math team.' kie said.

'you were on the math team?' john b asked.

'the cops took everything like it was a crime scene. did you guys find anything?' pope asked.

jj sat up and reached into his pockets, 'did we find anything? no i don't think so.' jj then pulled out the gun and the cash, 'oh yea, we did.'

'what the hell?' pope asked.

'what?' kie asked.

'why would you take that from a crime scene!' pope scolded.

'dude, chill. come on.' jj said. 'it's better than the cops having it.'

kie looked at john b, then at ivy, 'are you guys serious?'

'it's not like jj would've listened to me anyway.' ivy said.

'i'm gonna loose my merit scholarship.' pope said.

'hey hey hey, at least you have us, right?' jj rested his arm on popes shoulder and smiled at him.

'i'm living the nightmare.' pope said, sitting back down next to john b.

———————————————————————

john b, jj, kie, pope, and ivy watched as a woman ran to a body on a stretcher.

'who's that?' john b asked.

'it's scooter grubbs. he was out during the storm. check out this pic i got.' the girl held her phone towards everyone, showing they the picture she got of the dead man. 'dead body.'

'insane.' kie said.

'holy shit.' ivy whispered.

'what kind of boat did he have?' jj asked.

'somehow that dirtbag copped a brand new grady white. everyone's out looking for it.' the girl said.

ivy looked at jj and john b, her eyes widened a little.

———————————————————————

jj, kie, and ivy all sat on the furniture in the back porch of the chateau, john b leaned up against the frame, and pope came running in.

'ok. so um, we didn't see anything. we don't know anything. we need to have total and complete amnesia.' pope sat down on the couch next to kie.

'actually, pope's right for once.' jj stood up and looked at everyone. 'see, i agree with you sometimes. deny deny deny.'

'guys we can't keep that money.' kie said.

'ok, not all of us can afford unlimited data plans kiara.' jj said.

'we have to pass that off to lana grubbs. otherwise, it's bad karma.' kie continued.

'bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too.' pope added. 'we gotta go dark.'

'if that means we get to keep the money, then i agree.' jj smirked.

john b lightly patted jj on the shoulder, 'i don't agree.'

'what? why?' jj asked.

'just think about it. this is scooter grubbs we're talking about, right? same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the porthole. shit, one time i saw this dude begging for change in the save-a-lot parking lot because he needed gas. we're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than forty bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden he's got a grady white? just sayin.' john b stopped and looked at everyone.