Chapter 5 - Willy Wonka

We stood at the gates to the factory, the 5 children with the 5 adults.

The line of bodies eyed each other. A looked to the very end of it to see Veruca, the brat.

" Daddy I want to go in" She moaned. " It's 9:59 sweetheart" her dad seemed exasperated with her, his own fault for raising her to be spoilt.

" Make time to go faster!" She stomped. If I was her parent so help me god.

Next along the line was The beauregardes.
"Eyes on the prize Violet, eyes on the prize" All that woman cared about was winning. And the girl, she seemed even more stuck up in person.

Augustus Gloop on the other hand remained silent, nomming contently on a Wonka Bar. Um. At least he's happy.

"Hazel, do you reckon Mr Wonka is a nice man?" Charlie tugged on my arm a bit as I snapped back to him.

"what? Oh, oh yeah Charlie. Of course in sure" I offered him a smile and brought my gaze back to the gates.

A smooth, clear voice pounded out some unseen speakers.

'Please enter'
The gates creeked open and we did so.

'come forward'
We all followed the second instruction.

'Close the gates'
They clanked behind us. This was it, time to meet the famous Willy Wonka.

The same voice echoed the courtyard.

' Dear Visitors, it is my great pleasure to welcome you to my humble factory. Who am I? Well...' the voice drifted as a sudden outburst of song popped up on the small podium.

A few puppets, creepy but oddly sweet sang a song about Mr Wonka. About his generosity, and creativity, and obviously his job as a chocolatier.

Once it finished it burst into flames, startling the group. However I thought it was quite amusing. Accept for the fact that Wonka was not in the chair he was meant to be in.

I clapped but was interrupted by some slightly manic Laughing. A man, pale skin and brown hair, dressed in a long red coat, black waistcoat with a large gold chain and the most spectacular smile began to make a move onto the stage.

" Wasn't that magnificent? I was worried it was getting dodgy in that middle part, but that finale..Wow!" He chirped excitedly taking his place in front of the fire behind him.

" Who are you?" Violet asked in a rather rude tone.

"He's Willy Wonka" I replied, smiling at the man. He returned said smile, nodding at me.

"really?" Charlie's face lit up when I nodded at him.

"Good morning starshine. The earth says hello" he said with a smile. Everyone else looked at him as if he was a freak, but I thought it was quite sweet. I smiled and giggled and he offered me the same.

He pulled out a stack of cards, clear crystal white with a large, red, swirly 'W' on the back.

'Dear guests, greetings. Welcome to the factory. I shake you warmly by the hand. My name is Willy Wonka'.

He was interrupted by the brat. " Then shouldn't you be up there?" She pointed to his 'throne'.

" I couldn't very well watch the show from up there now could I little girl?" He still smiled at her despite her rudeness.

" Mr Wonka! I don't know of you'll remember, but our grandad used to work in the factory" Charlie stated proudly as I scuffed his hair up.

" Was he one of those despicable spies who every day tried to steal my lifes work and sell it to parasitic, copy cat, candy making cads?" we both shook are heads "No sir" I answered. " Wonderful, tell him I said hello" With that he turned.

"Let's get a move on kids!" We all followed him through the flames into the factory.

We were in! We were finally in!