Memoirs of an Outlaw : Life in The Sandbox by BobTanner

Hello! Hello! So after a very long break, we now have an interview with a former Marine to tell us about the story he has written. Everyone, please welcome Bob Tanner!!!

*applause*

Now, people wonder how you got from being part of the Marines Corp to a writer. How did you get into writing?

A : I got out of the Marine Corps and had a lot on my mind. I decided to start writing everything that I experienced so get it off my mind. So it was therapeutic in a way.

That's atually a good idea. While most people write fictional stuff that they probably hope would happen, you wrote about you real life experiences. So, tell us what story are you sharing with us today?

A : Memoirs of an Outlaw : Life in The Sandbox.

Well, go on, tell us about it.

A : One Marine's story about his time as an infantryman in Fallujah, Iraq in 2004. Through his eyes, the reader experiences all aspects of war, from combat to loss of fellow Marines and everything in between but also sees how a rag tag bunch of guys, through the experience of war, become a band of brothers. They are the Outlaws.

Wow, that's  actually quite interesting. I have to check it out one day. So, what actually inspired you to write this particular story?

A : I got it from my personal experiences in Fallujah, Iraq back in 2004 as an infantryman.

From what I've heard/read, the story will draw in readers if given the chance, but what do you think will be one of the attraction for the readers?

A : The reality of it. This is a completely true story that talks to the nature of war and all that comes with it.

Now, on to the main character, is it more of you or...?

A : It's a memoir written from my POV as a USMC infantryman with the Delta Company Outlaws.

Do you have any special plans or goals for this story?

A : Tell the story of the Outlaws from my perspective and give our company their place in written history.

If a young fresh writer comes up to you for tips, what would you say to them?

A : Write from your heart. The best stories I've read are those that writers have put their all into. And read. A LOT! The more you read, the better you become as a writer.

Well, that's the end of this interview. Stay tuned for more to come and make sure you check out this story if you want to know the real experiences of Bob Tanner.