The Other Side of The Door by madelynclarinet

Halo! Today we're here with the one the only madelynclarinet!

*applause*

Now, let's start from the beginning, what got you into writing?

A : I started writing when I was in fourth grade. I was in private school and my English teacher gave our English class of five journals to write in. We would write entry and prompts about three times a week. I would usually write something silly and not put much thought into it, and strangely my classmates liked it. My life changed the day that my parents split up. A couple days later, I was looking through my desk and found my journal from fourth grade. I started scribbling down everything I felt and it made me feel like a small part of my life was still the same. I later showed my English teacher some of my entries and she saw that I had potential. I didn't want to let her down so this year I decided to join Wattpad.

That's great. So, what are you sharing with us today?

A : The story I am sharing today is called The Other Side of The Door.

That reminds me of a Taylor Swift song. Tell us what it's about.

A : My story is about two girls from very different worlds. Amy, a 12 year old girl from S.C. and Jasmine, a 12 year old girl from a small village located near Afghanistan. When their two worlds come crashing down one force will bring them together. Hope.

How did you get the idea for this story?

A : I got the idea when I was in Beaufort South Carolina for vacation. I fell in love with the city and thought anyone would be lucky to live there. And then I thought about how I am just lucky to live in America. And then it came to me. A story of a girl in the middle of a war zone and a girl in a perfect city. Freedom inspired me and hope. What will inspire me to actually post my story on Wattpad is to get votes and comments on the prologue of the story.

That actually sounds intriguing. You get two know the lives of two different girls under two circumstances. But the question now is do you thing that will actually help gain more readers?

A : Readers will be drawn in because anyone can really relate to both sides of the story.

Tell us a bit about the two girls you're writing.

A : Amy is a 12 year old with a happy spunky personality. She has green eyes and lives in S.C. Jasmine is also 12 with long curly brown hair and blue eyes. She is very humble but sometimes curiosity gets the best of her.

What are your goals for this story?

A : My goal for this story is to at least get 200 reads.

Well good luck with that! If you're feeling generous today, you can also go check out the story and leave some comments and votes.