Markings

"H-hello? Is someone there?" Boscha cautiously walked around Willow's backyard. Nervous of what she might find. Nothing seemed dangerous, so Boscha deemed it was just a shadow she saw. "That's a relief..." Boscha sighed putting a hand to her chest to calm down. Boscha looked around one more time before heading back inside. Slightly panicking at the lack of explanation.

"W-what do we do?!" Amity was still holding Luz close in her arms. Refusing to let her go.

"Wait look, on her hand...it looks like some kind of symbol is marked on it." Amity glanced over Luz's hand studying the new mark on her skin. The symbol had a circle with two swerving lines dots on each side where they intersect. In each part of the symbol a small triangle sat at the bottom.

"What is it?"

"It seems a bit familiar. Maybe I saw it in school...?" Boscha scratched her head, racking her brain of what it could be.

"It almost looks like a glyph. I wonder..." Willow went over to her desk grabbing a piece of paper and pen recreating the symbol. "Hmm..." Willow tapped the paper causing everyone around her to freeze for a few minutes until time caught up to reality. "It's a time glyph! But...how much time do we have? And was it counting down to?"

"Mmnph..." Amity flinched at the sudden sound coming from Luz. "S-something isn't right..." Amity adjusted the way she was holding Luz hoping it'd make her more comfortable.

"You mean with the figure outside? It was just a shadow."

"No...I-I don't feel right.." Amity listened closely. Nothing seemed important anymore. As long as Luz was talking nothing else mattered. "W-what's on my hand?!"

"A time glyph." Boscha talked bluntly, yet her voice was calming. "We don't know why yet."

"But I do~" An unknown voice spoke with an unsettling tone. "It's pretty clear,no?"

"You heard that too right?" Everyone nodded their head at Boscha.

"Don't worry girls she'll live....if you get there in time."

"I-if we get where in time?!" Amity jumped at the unknown voice's words.

"Enjoy your mysteries girls~" The strange voice could no longer be heard making the room silent. Luz shifted off Amity and to the space next to her.

"M-my hand!" Luz winced at the new pain arising from the change in her skin. The marking had started burning her skin showing how much time they had left. "Ermph did they have to choose burns for that?"

"It's better than your skin dissolving." Willow shrugged seeing as burns should be the least of Luz's worries.

"That can happen?!"

"If you have the right relic." Amity quickly chirped in not wanting Luz to panic. "But seeing as it's only burns what we're dealing with either doesn't have a powerful enough relic, or doesn't want to kill you."

"But why?" Willow tried guessing who wouldn't try to kill Luz on the boiling isles, and if they're just putting her in pain for now to kill her later. "Unngh I feel like this is so complex" Willow groaned in frustration.

"Amity you should check your scroll..." Boscha's voice changed from blunt to concerned.

"Hm? Wh-" Amity froze as she read over a recent text she had received. Instantly replying with no response . "I-I gotta go" Amity stood up quickly heading towards the door.

"W-wait what is it?" Luz swiftly followed her placing a hand on Amity's shoulder to stop her from leaving.

"S-something happened to Edric I-I need to go see him." Amity's words fumbled out of her mouth. Showing just how anxious she was feeling.

"I'll come with you then." Luz gave Amity a reassuring smile having faith that everything was going to be just fine.

"O-okay...." Amity's shaky voice wavered in excitement from Luz, and nervousness from Edric.

"We'll stay here. Let us know if anything happens." Amity and Luz nodded at Willow as they walked out the door.

-

Amity pushed by everyone around her as she made her way to her sister. Luz followed behind calmly.

"What happened?!" Emira, who was lost in thought, jumped at Amity's sudden appearance. "I-is he okay?"

"We...we don't know" Emira sighed softly, turning her head to the two. Causing faint lines below Emira's eyes from crying to be visible. "All the healers said is something interfered with his health...I-it could be fatal...."

"It's more like a someone." Viney walked up from behind Emira a serious look on her face. "Somebody was in the secret tunnels."

"Any idea who?" Emira swapped her focus to her girlfriend's words.

"I think it might be Barcus."

"The dog that Jerbo can understand?" Amity questioned receiving a silent nod.

"Seeing as Barcus is into oracle magic it's possible something happened to him while practicing, or he got mixed up in dark magic making him lose control of his body."  Glancing at the young couple,Viney shook her head as an uneasy feeling overtook her. "Wait Luz what's that on your hand?" Viney took a step closer slightly reaching for Luz's marked hand.

"O-oh! Well I guess it's a time glyph? It appeared after I passed out...."

"W-what made you pass out?!" Viney's voice grew in concern. Worry flooded Amity's thoughts as she noticed Viney's troubled tone. Luz was nothing short of being distressed, and rightfully so.

"W-we don't know. Boscha couldn't find anything outside." Amity responded for Luz while she was occupied with her thoughts.

"Luz....Edric has the same marking" Amity and Luz's eyes widened as Emira looked over at Viney an unsettled look on her face.

"Where is the mark?" Emira asked softly trying not to add more uncertainty to the situation.

"It's on his neck." Viney gestured towards a spot on her neck. "If he wasn't already injured he'd be fine but...." Viney looked away from everyone processing everything. The anxiety developing between them kept the room quiet.

"Excuse me Blights, may I speak with you two alone please?" A healer approached the group with a troubling look on their face.