Wounds

(Warning!~This chapter includes mentions of suicide and violence!)

After their encounter Jerbo spent the night at Viney's. By morning Jerbo was no where to be found at Viney's. She wouldn't think anything of it, but Jerbo always let her know if he left. With a text or written note as long as he knew she knew he'd leave. Yet Viney awoke seemingly alone, no text, no note, nothing. "Jerbo?" Viney walked around her house expecting to see Jerbo or at least a message. She was a little worried, but she tried to push past it. Suddenly she heard faint crying nearby. "Jerbo where are you?"

"Doesn't matter...." Viney scanned the doors around her trying to pinpoint his voice. "He's gone....Emira's gone....Luz is lucky, for now. Then she'll be just like us won't she?" Jerbo laughed as Viney narrowed her search.

"Jerbo what do you mean?"

"Think about it, with the way things are going Amity's days are numbered.....just like miiii....." Jerbo trailed off his voice getting quieter.

"Jerbo?!" Viney panicked randomly opening a door happening to find Jerbo. He was barely awake with some kind of pills lying next to him. "Hey Jerbo look at me! Come on Bud, don't do this..." Viney sat Jerbo up trying to keep hime awake. She glanced at the bottle, it was brand new yet a decent amount of it was gone. "Shit Jerbo"

"Don't worry about it Vin! I'm happy with this choice....."

"I'm not okay with it! I-I'm not losing you too!" Viney started crying barely able to focus. "I c-can't lose you....What would Barkus say if he saw you like this?"

"Barkus...? He's been missing for days, probably going to be dead like the blights...." Jerbo chuckled handing Viney a note before passing out.

"Jerbo! Damnit!" She pocketed the note quickly checking his pulse. Relived when she felt a steady heartbeat. She drew a spell hopefully healing whatever damage has been done, mentally kicking herself for not doing it first. But still she got to him quicker than anybody else could so he should be in the clear. "Please be okay...." Viney hugged Jerbo hearing a sinister giggle as a sharp pain grew in her back. She was being stabbed...

"You're so gullible dear~" Jerbo pushed Viney off him as he laughed more. "You really thought I was Jerbo?"

"W...hat....?" Viney could barely stand. Let alone understand.

"Well you see 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰~" Jerbo's voice seemed to harmonize with a much lower shadowy voice. "𝓙𝓮𝓻𝓫𝓸 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮, 𝓲𝓼 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪 𝓽𝓸𝓸𝓵 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝓮. 𝓐 𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 𝓪𝓭𝓿𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓪𝓰𝓮."

"What the hell do you mean?" Jerbo sighed taking a deep breath before his body fell to the ground. A shadow coming from it. "W-what the?!" The shadow flew towards Viney grabbing her chin.

"You want to live? Follow my orders....."

-

"How you doing Ami?" Luz sat next to Amity. She was worried about her, who wouldn't be if they knew what Amity was going through?

"I'm alright..." Amity rested her head on Luz's shoulder. It eased her mind knowing Luz was there for her. Although she wasn't totally sure how to open up about her thoughts she had someone to ask. To talk to. That thought made her smile unlike the other thoughts looming in her head. "I'm doing even better with you here"

"You're such a cliche, I love you."

"I love you too." It felt silly to Amity how easily those words left her mouth. She used to dream about saying them to someone she truly cared about. No longer saying them to pretend or hide. But to genuinely want to say them that made her happy. "You have no clue how good it feels to say that"

"Oh I think I have an idea." The girls giggled as someone knocked on the front door. "I'll get it." Luz walked to the door being greeted with Viney on the other side. "Hey Viney!"

"Hey..." Viney walked in tentatively avoiding eye contact. "Umm, where is Mr.Park?"

"I think he's in the kitchen."

"Excuse me..." Viney bit her lip heading towards the kitchen. Luz noticed something off about Viney she just couldn't figure out what exactly bothered her.

"Hey guys!" Willow surprised Amity by hugging her from behind the couch. Amity flinched before giggling when she realized who it was.

"Jeez Willow you trying to give me a heart attack?"

"Oh you're fine." Boscha walked down the stairs paying more attention to her scroll than her feet causing her to trip. "Fuck!" Boscha fell flat on her face making Amity snicker uncontrollably.

"Boscha are you okay?!" Willow turned around instinctively.

"Don't worry Willow I'm sure she's fine~"

"Shut your mouth Blight." Through Boscha's muffled voice and Amity's ongoing laughter Boscha raised an arm to flip Amity off. Willow helped Boscha off the ground both giggling themselves.

"Agh dang marking!" Luz's hand burned again nearly filling up the space left. Amity got up ready to numb the pain, but stopped when she saw Luz's hand.

"Luz, it's almost full..." Luz frowned at it. She had stopped paying attention to the markings progress a while ago. "We need to figure out what its counting down to and fast." Everybody nodded trying to rack their brains of any clues. Luz looked around terrified, something bad had to be planned once it finally finished burning her skin. She wanted to hug Amity, but instead Amity fell into her arms. "S-sorry I just feel tired for some reason...."

"It's okay" Lus helped Amity to the couch. "So, you just now feel tired?"

"Yeah....do you think whatever that's counting down to has to do with me? I mean I felt fine beforehand."

"That could be a possibility, but what's going to happen to you..?"

"Guys come help me over here!" Boscha's voice came from the kitchen, putting Amity and Luz's conversation on hold.

"What is it Bos- Holy crap, Dad!" Willow walked into the kitchen seeing her dad on the ground with a stab wound. Boscha sat next to Mr.Park applying pressure with a kitchen towel. Her arms and the towel were covered in blood.

"Amity call Skara, she's still top of her class in healing right?"

"I-I think so" Amity opened Skara's contact quickly calling her. "Please pick up,please pick up,please pick up"