𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖓𝖉

Riddle knocked on the dormitory door at three in the morning the next day - his expression - I couldn't read it.

  I never really could but something was off.

  Malfoy, he called - the cruelty was absent and my heart dropped.

  I'm confused.

  What is it?

  Come with me.

  But-

  Now.

  I slipped out of bed and Lestrange eyed me from his pillow and I shook my head.

  I'm confused.

  The stone of the dungeons is cold and biting and I watch the back of Riddle's head, he's not looking at me. Nothing new, but something was off.

  I'm confused.

  He stopped abruptly, causing me to crash into his back and I mutter a sorry, his eyes pierce mine and my brow furrows.

  What is it?

  Have you eaten?

  I wanted to laugh at how strange he was acting but thought better of it.

  Why?

  Have you eaten?

  No.

  Good, you might puke.

  I'm confused.

  He sighed and for a moment I thought he looked human - pinching his nose he looked into the common room before looking back at me.

  Riddle was debating something.

  I'm confused.

  Then he pulled out his wand and I flinched but he ignored me and cast something over the room, taking a step forward my ears then felt fuzzy.

  A silencing charm?

  I'm confused.

  Riddle walked into the common room and I followed, my eyes glued to the back of his head.

  Turning, he was glowing a slight green that made him look sickly yet divine and his jaw was clenched and he dug into his pocket.

  His fist was tight - reached out - pulled back - another breath - before extending his arm out again and a silver chain dropped from his fingers and my ring hung at the end - it looked as if it'd been hanged.

  I went rigid, why do you have my ring? I gave that to Ophelia.

  I knew he knew.

  His eyes shifted to the large windows behind me, gesturing and dread washed into the room in a tsunami wave.

  Turning, the rush of the water and the scream ripped me off my feet and I collapsed into the stone.

  There you were.

  Suspended in the air - no - water - floating like a lily that got sucked beneath the surface by the undertow.

 Ophelia.

  Was I whispering or screaming?

  The world had ended.

  Your mouth hung open and your eyes were too - frozen ichor stuck to your cheeks in icy droplets.

 Ophelia.

  I turn to Riddle, how did he get my ring?

  I'm confused - no - it makes sense.

  Ophelia, if I'm Hamlet then this is act v - sc. ii.

  Kill me.

  Tom Riddle blinks, head tilting - grins.

  No.